This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
RE: Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
(06-10-2017, 07:46 PM)Ron-e Wrote: which version of Sentora are u running?

The versión it´s :

Installer version 1.0.3
Sentora core version 1.0.0
Sentora preconf version 1.0.3

By other side i try add subdomains in the second server as you tell me and show this message all time, but in your pictures i see the domain sentora.ga in the same module as subdomains you add , i understand this subdomains must be add as domains in the second server and after this create dns for works

In your first server : Running sentora.ga
In your second server : running as domain (http://status.sentora.ga/ & http://servicestatus.sentora.ga/)

This step don´t understand many because in your images i see 3 domains in the first server - i understand it´s the first server because i see sentora.ga also -

Only have this question, and finally all time put me not possible add in domain module this subdomains, i try many times and don´t get i try also with different names and don´t have possitive results

Thank´s other time for your help and time , regards
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2017, 08:01 PM)franmm25 Wrote: but in your pictures i see the domain sentora.ga in the same module as subdomains you add , i understand this subdomains must be add as domains in the second server and after this create dns for works
Nope it's a domain which is almost similar to the domain Sentora.ga.

(06-10-2017, 08:01 PM)franmm25 Wrote: This step don´t understand many because in your images i see 3 domains in the first server - i understand it´s the first server because i see sentora.ga also -
Nope it's the second server / VPS, again it's a almost similar domainname.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: franmm25
I try add other time subdomains as domain but continue to show this message and don´t let me add, how you get insert subdomains in the module of domains, thank´s

P.D : Howewer deactivate something for get add in this module ?
Thanks given by:
compare your controller file from the domains module (etc/sentora/panel/modules/domains/code/controller.ext.php) with github.

The only thing i think it can be i on line 234, where the tld limed is changed.
My file is exactly the same as on github accept line 234 where i still have the old one.

But maybe someone else can figure this out?

P.S. please update your profile is still says Zpanel and no version of CentOS

Thanks given by: franmm25
(06-10-2017, 11:22 PM)Ron-e Wrote: compare your controller file from the domains module (etc/sentora/panel/modules/domains/code/controller.ext.php) with github.

The only thing i think it can be i on line 234, where the tld limed is changed.
My file is exactly the same as on github accept line 234 where i still have the old one.

But maybe someone else can figure this out?

P.S. please update your profile is still says Zpanel and no version of CentOS

Ohh nice i change 3 to 13 in the code of controller and let me add subdomains as domains in server 2, now i add subdomains as domains and create dns for each subdomain as normal domain and in the first server i create A Record appoint to ip of server 2 , i supose i don´t need any more, right ?

Thank´s for the help i need wait for migrate DNS and tell you more about this, thanks other time

Ron-e, nice i see using TOR all subdomains loading , the problem with add subdomains as domains in module for domains, and great it´s working perfect, thanks for help me in this because i try do as in Cpanel and add A record and no need any more, but here i don´t understand somethings

Thank´s and other time Thank´s !!!!! great !!!!! Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2017, 12:30 AM)franmm25 Wrote: Ohh nice i change 3 to 13 in the code of controller and let me add subdomains as domains in server 2, now i add subdomains as domains and create dns for each subdomain as normal domain and in the first server i create A Record appoint to ip of server 2 , i supose i don´t need any more, right ?
I did not say that..
I have still a limed of 3 and i still am able to add subdomains in the domains module..
I said you have to compare your file with that from github and find if something is different.

Thanks given by:
I see in the php code that this number it´s limit for domain extension, when change to 13 the problem fix and working finally and let me add subdomains using domain module, the other lines are the same

Iif you have the number 3 in the code and works i don´t know why, because controller.php it´s the same the only difference it´s change 3 by 13 and works finally fine as you say

I change this line with 3 to 13, and now works for me, thank´s
Thanks given by:
First of all, instead of playing with the code, read the docs.
You need to add the domain from server 1 as a 'shared domain' in server 2. Then you can add sub.shared-domain.com in the domain module on server 2.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2017, 08:05 AM)TGates Wrote: First of all, instead of playing with the code, read the docs.
Maybe a good idea to make a special doc for to use a subdomain from another server, or add it to that doc page?
I thought shared domains ware for sharing domains between users on the same server only.
I did not have to use the shared domain option to enter a subdomain in the domains module.

Thanks given by:
Hmm. I used a sentora.org sub domain on my personal server, I added sentora.org as shared domain on my server and pointed the sub domain to my IP on the sentora server DNS and it worked just fine.
It was pretty simple.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,992 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,156 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,567 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM