This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
I try point sudomain from sentora to other server and ip , i try do this adding A record from DNS manager as this :

For example my domain it´s : domain.com and his ip it´s 1.2.3.4
I want create or use subdomain from this server but hosted in other server with other ip : 5.6.7.8

I use DNS Manager from original server and add A Record
support.domain.com 86400 IN A 5.6.7.8

In the other server with ip : 5.6.7.8 , using also sentora install i create folder called : support_domain_com and , the problem it´s this don´t works , i don´t know if i do the right for this i pay here some help for can fix this problem, because i think some step it´s bad

Thank´s Regards
Thanks given by:
RE: Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
I think you are only supposed to add the sub domain like:
support 86400 IN A 5.6.7.8
OR
support.domain.com. 86400 IN A 5.6.7.8
(notice the last . after the .com)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Hi , i don´t understand well the answer, i have 2 vps

In the first vps i have domain domain1.com ip:1.2.3.4.5.6
In the second server i have domain called domain2.com ip : 7.8.9.7.8
I want use subdomain from domain1.com ( Server Ip 1.2.3.4.5.6. ) in the other server (7.8.9.7.8) or appoint using a records subdomain to other server with other ip, this i do in Cpanel but here don´t sure if i do well , do you know how it´s the process for get this works ?

Regards
Thanks given by:
have you created the subdomain in Sentora on your second server?
Just add your subdomain as domain ("Domains" module not "Sub Domains" module) on your second server, don't forget to create the dns record too.

Maybe you need to remove the self created dir "support_domain_com" first, to avoid errors.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: franmm25
(06-09-2017, 11:23 PM)Ron-e Wrote: have you created the subdomain in Sentora on your second server?
Just add your subdomain as domain ("Domains" module not "Sub Domains" module) on your second server, don't forget to create the dns record too.

Maybe you need to remove the self created dir "support_domain_com" first, to avoid errors.

No possible create in the second server subdomain as domain

I do this and don´t get works finally never

mytestdomain.com it´s in first server and ip for example : 1.1.1.1
I want use subdomain of mytestdomain.com , for example - test.mytestdomain.com - in the second server with ip : 2.2.2.2

I go to second server and add this subdomain and create folder in server i see by FTP this folder as : test_mytestdomain_com

The domain it´s in first server with ip 1.1.1.1 and appoint to this ip, by this, i go to DNS manager in my first server with ip 1.1.1.1 and go to A records and add test.mytestdomain.com and appint to ip of second server 2.2.2.2 , save all and test changing from file hosts of windows ip and appoint to second server and load perfect, i wait for propagate DNS some hours

I test in real mode, from brownser, go to test.mytestdomain.com and never works, i try from TOR , and from proxy thinking if problem with cache, and never works

I think it´s very easy but in Sentora don´t get works, this it´s all i test at the moment and wit bad results

Thank´s for help me
Thanks given by:
I have 2 servers, on the first server i have the domain, on the second i use a subdomain of that same domain.
What i did is on my first Sentora server is have a domain fully working and set an a record in Sentora to the second server.
On the second server i added the subdomain in the domain module insite Sentora and created the standard dns records also on Sentora.
Waited until the dns records resolved and it worked...

Sorry i can not understand what you are trying to explain..

(06-10-2017, 01:55 AM)Ron-e Wrote: I have 2 servers, on the first server i have the domain, on the second i use a subdomain of that same domain.
What i did is on my first Sentora server is have a domain fully working and set an a record in Sentora to the second server.
On the second server i added the subdomain in the domain module insite Sentora and created the standard dns records also on Sentora.
Waited until the dns records resolved and it worked...

Sorry i can not understand what you are trying to explain..

In the first server with domain you go to DNS manager and in A records ad subdomain , for example test.mydomain.com, or only the subdomain´s name , in this case test and appoint ip of second server ? in the first server , don´t add some CNAME , record ???

And in the second server no hosted original domain, you add domain in domain´s module and also create subdomain , right ?, can you explain a little more this steps , because i have some bad , regards and thank´s for the help
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2017, 07:03 AM)franmm25 Wrote: In the first server with domain you go to DNS manager and in A records ad subdomain , for example test.mydomain.com, or only the subdomain´s name , in this case test and appoint ip of second server ? in the first server , don´t add some CNAME , record ???
Yes normal a record on your first server.
But cname record would work too, i have used it n the past.[Image: fBnyiLo.jpg]

This example is for the status page from the demo.
the homepage of Sentora.ga is hosted on my dedicated server, the demo itself and status pages (http://status.sentora.ga/ & http://servicestatus.sentora.ga/) are hosted on a VPS.

(06-10-2017, 07:03 AM)franmm25 Wrote: And in the second server no hosted original domain, you add domain in domain´s module and also create subdomain , right ?, can you explain a little more this steps , because i have some bad , regards and thank´s for the help
No, do not add the domain from the first server to anything on the second server.
Just add the subdomain to the domain module in sentora on the second server.
Don't do anything with the subdomain module in sentora on the second server.
[Image: l7JhO59.jpg]

And setup dns for it.
[Image: q5MCnYj.jpg]

Wait a while until everything is set and if it still does not work you have set up something wrong ad the domain provider.

(06-10-2017, 06:43 PM)Ron-e Wrote: Yes normal a record on your first server.
But cname record would work too, i have used it n the past.[Image: fBnyiLo.jpg]

This example is for the status page from the demo.
the homepage of Sentora.ga is hosted on my dedicated server, the demo itself and status pages (http://status.sentora.ga/ & http://servicestatus.sentora.ga/) are hosted on a VPS.

No, do not add the domain from the first server to anything on the second server.
Just add the subdomain to the domain module in sentora on the second server.
Don't do anything with the subdomain module in sentora on the second server.
[Image: l7JhO59.jpg]

And setup dns for it.
[Image: q5MCnYj.jpg]

Wait a while until everything is set and if it still does not work you have set up something wrong ad the domain provider.

Thank´s for your help and to take a time for tell me all this , but for me this it´s the problem, when i try add in domains this as subdomain as you can show in the pics show me this message from sentora´s cp

You cannot add a Sub-Domain here. Please use the Subdomain manager to add Sub-Domains

I don´t understand how you can add in domains , because all time show me this message , thank´s regards
Thanks given by:
which version of Sentora are u running?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,950 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,130 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,536 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel