This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PHP 5.6 / Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS = UPGRADE NEEDED
PHP 5.6 / Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS = UPGRADE NEEDED
I have a web application which REQUIRES PHP 5.6. I cannot seem to find information about how to update this ANYWHERE for Ubuntu.. only CentOS.

I've seen a lot of conversations around the forums.. but it seems like nobody is really supporting this panel anymore? I cannot see any real development on it with the exception of some modules here and there.

Can anyone provide me with the steps to upgrade PHP for Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS?
Thanks given by:
RE: PHP 5.6 / Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS = UPGRADE NEEDED
(03-23-2017, 10:28 AM)aaronlroberts Wrote: I have a web application which REQUIRES PHP 5.6. I cannot seem to find information about how to update this ANYWHERE for Ubuntu.. only CentOS.

I've seen a lot of conversations around the forums.. but it seems like nobody is really supporting this panel anymore? I cannot see any real development on it with the exception of some modules here and there.

Can anyone provide me with the steps to upgrade PHP for Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS?

CentOS and Ubuntu are mostly the same, save yum = apt-get in Ubuntu and httpd is apache in CentOS, where you will have apache2.

There are guides throughout the forums that can be tweaked for Ubuntu.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by: aaronlroberts
(03-24-2017, 12:43 AM)worksmarter Wrote: CentOS and Ubuntu are mostly the same, save yum = apt-get in Ubuntu and httpd is apache in CentOS, where you will have apache2.

Okay! Thanks for the input.. I'll give it a shot over this weekend and see how it works out!  Wink
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2017, 12:43 AM)worksmarter Wrote: CentOS and Ubuntu are mostly the same, save yum = apt-get in Ubuntu and httpd is apache in CentOS, where you will have apache2.

Hey, I tried this but definitely failed massively. I almost killed the entire installation. Not to mention SUHOSIN stopped working and the instructions for the CentOS version didn't work in my case as they require slight differences.

I'm amazed and surprised that nobody has this sorted yet. It's a real bottleneck for what is a fantastic piece of work (Sentora).

I've even re-imaged the entire server following every instruction provided in the PHP Update CentOS Working 100% guide, and I later found many problems with using certain features. Even our technician couldn't identify what was happening. Things like data not being recorded to the database with no PHP errors or any other web errors to work from.

Simple fact is, Sentora needs to be updated properly from the people who know what they're doing. After all, this is supposed to make life easier, not harder.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,607 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
Ubuntu 18.04 vaxition 1 4 ,107 08-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Php5.6 on ubuntu possible? lorenaustin 0 2 ,222 06-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Last Post: lorenaustin