This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

proftp safe to update?
proftp safe to update?
Can anyone tell me are these two security updates to proftp OK to install? Will it break Sentora?

Code:
proftpd
proftpd-mysql

Thanks
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
RE: proftp safe to update?
usually centos ship them in the maintenance release. So you can rely on centos.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
They are epel... I could exclude them in the epel repo, but they are specifically security patches.
Thanks given by:
I usually do a yum update -y with a cron on centos daily. Taking all fixes/updates from the epel & official repos only.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: worksmarter
(03-10-2017, 08:42 PM)Me.B Wrote: I usually do a yum update -y with a cron on centos daily. Taking all fixes/updates from the epel & official repos only.

M B

Thank you Sir. I figured epel would be safe, but I have remi installed and it only gets used for the php5.6 I need. So I use exclusions when I see anything but the basic repos want to update something - especially when it is something say Sentora initially installed.

I should write a post telling people that want to run up to date php just how careful you have to be with updates. A yum update -y on this system could brick it (destroy it.) I think a lot of people that have to have the updated php do not consider how important of a job they have to maintain everything. I understand why it is not recommended.  Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,358 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Update extplorer and panels client poseidon97 0 3 ,735 02-06-2020, 11:40 PM
Last Post: poseidon97
how to update quota in roundcube? oliviagreene 1 4 ,188 09-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Ron-e