This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSL question
SSL question
OK, I have properly set up a Let'sEncrypt certificate on my subdomain, panel.example.com - which is fine.

I want to use example.com on 443 using SSL, but due to the subdomain procedure for panel.example.com, when running the procedure for the domain example.com, it retains the cert. for panel.example.com and gives me the normal non matching URL error in the browsers.

I think I saw something about this here before, but cannot find it now. I am wondering, I don't think Let'sEncrypt has set up for wildcards, so that is likely out of the question.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I am just taking my time with this server and slowly working out all of the bugs, this one I don't have any good ideas that work. I tried adding the panel.example.com to my example.com SSL procedure and that did not change things, example.com still has a mismatch with the Sentora panel subdomain.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. Thanks.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
RE: SSL question
Problem solved, made changes to Vhost override.  Blush
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
RE: SSL question
Yes, it does work Wink
I have 2 separate certs for cp.maindomain.com and (www).maindomain.com
You just need to make sure the vhost entries are correct Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: worksmarter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora question and idea kini 5 12 ,875 10-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Me.B
Question for api. Ludaking 6 13 ,098 08-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Ludaking
Question about reaching a VM installed on same server. worksmarter 2 6 ,765 12-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Last Post: worksmarter