This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nameservers ruined ZPanel Subdir
Nameservers ruined ZPanel Subdir
I just recently updated my private nameservers with namecheap and I went through the installation instructions first and when I switched it; i don't have access to zpanel.xryu.org anymore like it doesn't exist; yet I can access xryu.org perfectly fine..

I only have 1 IP per 2 NS records because that's all I can afford atm; I know it says to have 2 IPs for the nameservers but I can only have 1 at the moment, is that an issue?

if not, than what could it be? I did go through cloudflare before i updated the nameservers to ns1/ns2.xryu.org and it went through to the control panel perfectly fine
Thanks given by:
RE: Nameservers ruined ZPanel Subdir
(03-01-2017, 03:59 AM)xRyu99 Wrote:
I just recently updated my private nameservers with namecheap and I went through the installation instructions first and when I switched it; i don't have access to zpanel.xryu.org anymore like it doesn't exist; yet I can access xryu.org perfectly fine..

I only have 1 IP per 2 NS records because that's all I can afford atm; I know it says to have 2 IPs for the nameservers but I can only have 1 at the moment, is that an issue?

if not, than what could it be? I did go through cloudflare before i updated the nameservers to ns1/ns2.xryu.org and it went through to the control panel perfectly fine

Seems like you might not have a DNS entry for zpanel in your DNS zone...
Edit your host file on your computer to point zpanel.xryu.org to your server IP.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/be...osts-file/

Then you can log in to the control panel on the server and add the DNS entry.
Thanks given by:
You mean, on my computer, or directly through the DNS Zone on Zpanel ?
I'm switched back to Cloudflare and it works just fine.
As for the hosts; I would have to edit my own "DNS" on my hosts files via my computer?

I added a Zpanel as a host name with the Target of @ i don/'t know if that fixed it, but i'm pretty sure it did.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 05:01 AM)xRyu99 Wrote: You mean, on my computer, or directly through the DNS Zone on Zpanel ?
I'm switched back to Cloudflare and it works just fine.
As for the hosts; I would have to edit my own "DNS" on my hosts files via my computer?

I added a Zpanel as a host name with the Target of @ i don/'t know if that fixed it, but i'm pretty sure it did.

In namecheap's advanced DNS configuration, all you need to do is add a CNAME entry for your panel.

CNAME in the "type column" --> from your post, "zpanel" (no quotes).
VALUE Column --> "xyz.org." (note the period at the end...)
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Import zpanel settings problem pgh2011 0 2 ,235 12-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: pgh2011
Don't Access to ZPanel kaziarif.it 7 13 ,269 12-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Last Post: IMHiggins
Can't install Dolphin if using Sentora - ZPanel harrykane140693 1 4 ,677 07-17-2018, 05:42 AM
Last Post: TGates