This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Changing from Cpanel To Sentora
Changing from Cpanel To Sentora
How can i install sentora on my already cpanel dedicated server, without affecting anything on my site, still retaining my sites, database, settings and so on
Thanks given by:
RE: Changing from Cpanel To Sentora
(02-28-2017, 02:38 AM)segdai Wrote: How can i install sentora on my already cpanel dedicated server, without affecting anything on my site, still retaining my sites, database, settings and so on

As far as I understand it, you really can't (someone correct me if I'm wrong). WHM/cPanel are so tightly integrated with the operation of your web services, you can't install one without completely breaking the other.  
You have to start with a clean slate.

You can't put an entirely new engine (Sentora) in your car (your server) without taking the other one (WHM/cPanel) out...
Thanks given by: segdai , worksmarter , TGates
(02-28-2017, 04:57 PM)aroaminggeek Wrote: You can't put an entirely new engine (Sentora) in your car (your server) without taking the other one (WHM/cPanel) out...

Man, you are killing it with the analogies aroaminggeek!
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 07:58 AM)worksmarter Wrote: Man, you are killing it with the analogies aroaminggeek!

I can't help it Smile
One of my longest employment gigs was front line and higher level support for a web hosting company whose largest/primary customer base was VERY untechnical business owner types. I got very good at translating "all that technobabble geek crap" in to plain English ("don't talk military to the civilians, aroaminggeek, mmkay?") and it's just stuck with me!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,880 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,099 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,490 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel