This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mysql 5.6 Full Indexing
Mysql 5.6 Full Indexing
Hey Guys

New to the project, in fact just learned about it, but was in-need of a panel for a home server that I have several sites on. Got the panel installed no problem, several modules, lets encrypt working, samba etc. Everything thing seemed to go pretty smooth and only took a few hours,  Migrated over around 40 sites ( wrote a quick bot to automate the mysql user creation and updating of files/database importing.

Where im running into the issue is by default mysql ver 5.5.52-MariaDB is installed. Guessing you are just using the centos default. But several sites im running require full indexing, and I believe it was not implemented until 5.6. Was going to just run the updater, but decided to do some googling first as some panels really take a nose dive if you upgrade major packages that are not yet supported. Only came across one guy running sentora ( that discussed it online anyway ) That did the upgrade and it seems he got it all working but the panel was no longer able to interact/create user account for mysql, which would be a deal breaker.

Wondering if there is another guide on this, or anyone that has done this upgrade and got everything working afterward?

Also let me say, great work, I used zpanel several years ago, but really like the feel of the direction you guys have taken, When I get some free time, Ill try and support the community and write up some modules etc to help the project. Was looking through the code on some of the ones already available, and dev looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
RE: Mysql 5.6 Full Indexing
We don't have guides for upgrade.

But you can use SolR Or Elastic Search for indexing far more powerfull.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,926 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,628 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator
MySQL remote access... pixelbat 11 38 ,041 05-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: upendra.sahu1990@gmail.com