This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PHP Problem
PHP Problem
Why is Sentora automatically installing PHP 5.5.9? I need minimum PHP 5.6 to install IPB sites, but whenever I install PHP 5.6 or PHP 7 then install Sentora it installs PHP 5.5.9 itself and starts using it making it impossible for me to install IPB sites. Can someone please help?
Thanks given by:
RE: PHP Problem
This is because Sentora installs the OS's default php version from the original repositories. There is a tutorial around here that explains how to upgrade php to 5.6, But you need to make sure suhosin is installed and working! php 7 does not currently have a suhosin package and is therefore NOT recommended for production environments (Major security issue!)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2017, 04:14 AM)TGates Wrote: This is because Sentora installs the OS's default php version from the original repositories. There is a tutorial around here that explains how to upgrade php to 5.6, But you need to make sure suhosin is installed and working! php 7 does not currently have a suhosin package and is therefore NOT recommended for production environments (Major security issue!)

So if I were to use Ubuntu 14.04 then it will automatically install PHP 5.6 because I believe the default PHP version for Ubuntu 14.04 is 5.6?
Thanks given by:
I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 and it ships with 5.5.9

Code:
Server OS: Ubuntu
Apache Version: 2.4.7
PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20
MySQL Version: 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+source/php5 Wrote:Versions published
Release
The package versions that were published when the distribution release was made.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: worksmarter
Here is the guide working for CentOS - apply it to Ubuntu. I am an Ubuntu free zone, lol.

CentOS php upgrade

Then see my post about SUHOSIN here:

Properly compiling SUHOSIN (again for CentOS)

BTW. I cannot understate how impimportant it is to compile SHUHOSIN and NOT install it from a repo. You cannot just install from a repo, SUHOSIN must be compiled from source to work properly.

All of this works and none of it is supported. I will add php7 unless you are installing only one sort of server-side software is too new to be compatible with so many things you might want to host...

Also if you enable repos other than standard you need to use something like yum-priorities, or how I do it is add exclude=XYZ in repos that want to change important versions of stuff supporting SENTORA and will no doubt break SENTORA.

My guide is a one-liner for CentOS - and if you add an "echo" command at the end you can then just copy and paste it into a shell, it truly will do the compiling in a few seconds all you have to do then is add it to the proper ".ini" file so Apache parses it. For CentOS the upgrade to 5.6 also upgrades how it loads modules, you will see me note that in my post - make a file 20-suhosin.ini in the php.d directory... Good luck and keep in mind this stuff can easily destroy your install as you are seeing...

(02-10-2017, 07:33 PM)sam8338 Wrote: Why is Sentora automatically installing PHP 5.5.9? I need minimum PHP 5.6 to install IPB sites, but whenever I install PHP 5.6 or PHP 7 then install Sentora it installs PHP 5.5.9 itself and starts using it making it impossible for me to install IPB sites. Can someone please help?

The "simple answer" is you need to upgrade PHP AFTER you install SENTORA and it is working...

See my comments above on upgrading in CentOS.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by: TGates

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem with roundcube pgh2011 0 2 ,229 01-30-2021, 12:48 AM
Last Post: pgh2011
Import zpanel settings problem pgh2011 0 2 ,235 12-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: pgh2011
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,569 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator