This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

localhost cpanel issues
localhost cpanel issues
I have installed Sentora 1.0.3 on top of CentOS7 and updated system with help of webmin. Now localhost cpanel is not working. It displays blank page or going to IIS page like windows OS by default.

Could you help me to solve this issue.
Thanks given by:
RE: localhost cpanel issues
Webmin/Virtualmin are control panels themselves. What were you trying to update by installing another control panel?

It is almost certain Webmin's install changed enough settings to make reaching Sentora impossible.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts, but I have 2+ years working with Webmin/Virtualmin and can say never should you install them WITH Sentora. Pick one.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
I actually have Sentora and webmin installed and working, as well as Me.B and many others. You need to make sure you set up Sentora first, then install webmin changing it's defaults, especially the port it uses. I can't remember the exact steps I took (Was over a year ago) but everything works just fine.

Webmin installs it's own webserver separate from Sentora's and you have to make sure you set it to a different custom port.

PS: Do NOT use Webmin for ANY web hosting controlling! (Vhosts, DNS, etc.) Let Sentora control all that. Basically I use it for overall system control. (Updates, firewall, etc.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2017, 10:02 AM)worksmarter Wrote: Webmin/Virtualmin are control panels themselves. What were you trying to update by installing another control panel?

It is almost certain Webmin's install changed enough settings to make reaching Sentora impossible.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts, but I have 2+ years working with Webmin/Virtualmin and can say never should you install them WITH Sentora. Pick one.

webmin having separate control panel and sentora having different control panel. I am using sentora to create domain and sub-domain to access websites globally.

You can check the sentora review/documents and guide accordingly.

(01-22-2017, 12:04 PM)TGates Wrote: I actually have Sentora and webmin installed and working, as well as @[Me.B] and many others. You need to make sure you set up Sentora first, then install webmin changing it's defaults, especially the port it uses. I can't remember the exact steps I took (Was over a year ago) but everything works just fine.

Webmin installs it's own webserver separate from Sentora's and you have to make sure you set it to a different custom port.

PS: Do NOT use Webmin for ANY web hosting controlling! (Vhosts, DNS, etc.) Let Sentora control all that. Basically I use it for overall system control. (Updates, firewall, etc.)

Yes, you are right. Even I have also same setup in my place and both are different setup in same system. Sentora normally uses http but webmin https to login.
Sentora: http://localhost/
webmin: https://localhost:10000

So there is no similarity in both. I am using webmin only for system update or software updates and sentora for web hosting.

Why this problem came I am not sure but it may be upgrade or update. Now I want solve this issue if possible else I have format and install a to z each everything again because Sentora will not install again in same system without Fresh OS installation. Any luck without OS installation I can.

Thanks in Advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Uhm, localhost only? Is it accessible correctly from the web?

Your hosts file may be screwed up.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
webmin don't break sentora as it uses it's own server and as long you don't use it to modify the conf files and setup apache websites.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem with CPanel to Sentora WilliamCawley 0 3 ,383 07-20-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: WilliamCawley
Database - Change localhost to %localhost% JSmith 1 4 ,488 09-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: TGates
SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! aaronlroberts 9 19 ,680 11-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: siulian