This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Installed Sentora, cannot access panel
[Not Solved] Installed Sentora, cannot access panel
Just as the title says, I installed latest version of Sentora.

I get through all pre-reqs just fine, have DNS set up, and when I enter the sub-domain and ip I get the confirming message:

Enter the sub-domain you want to access Sentora panel: something.panel.mydomain.com
Enter (or confirm) the public IP for this server: [VDS ip]

OK: DNS successfully resolves something.panel.mydomain.com to [VDS ip]

All is ok. Do you want to install Sentora now (y/n)?

I hit y, and then reboot. After reboot however I am not able to access my control panel. To my knowledge everything is working correctly. I am at a loss for words, I do not know what i am doing wrong.
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: Installed Sentora, cannot access panel
(01-21-2017, 04:41 AM)Akumazoku Wrote: Just as the title says, I installed latest version of Sentora.

I get through all pre-reqs just fine, have DNS set up, and when I enter the sub-domain and ip I get the confirming message:

Enter the sub-domain you want to access Sentora panel: something.panel.mydomain.com
Enter (or confirm) the public IP for this server: [VDS ip]

OK: DNS successfully resolves something.panel.mydomain.com to [VDS ip]

All is ok. Do you want to install Sentora now (y/n)?

I hit y, and then reboot. After reboot however I am not able to access my control panel. To my knowledge everything is working correctly. I am at a loss for words, I do not know what i am doing wrong.

Did you already set your subdomain in the /etc/hosts file before running the installer?

The procedure for all CentOS set-ups is as follows.

Install minimal CentOS package, 6.8 or 7.3.x.

yum update -y

reboot

Enter the subdomain as part of the FQDN. in the hosts file.

Code:
vi /etc/hosts

set the entry like so: "panel.coolhosting.com" and assign it to the machine's actual IP, not the outside IP.

Then run the script to install Sentora.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2017, 07:39 AM)worksmarter Wrote: Did you already set your subdomain in the /etc/hosts file before running the installer?

The procedure for all CentOS set-ups is as follows.

Install minimal CentOS package, 6.8 or 7.3.x.

yum update -y

reboot

Enter the subdomain as part of the FQDN. in the hosts file.

Code:
vi /etc/hosts

set the entry like so: "panel.coolhosting.com" and assign it to the machine's actual IP, not the outside IP.

Then run the script to install Sentora.

in the hosts file, it is set up in there, but it is using the localhost IP of 127.0.01, do i need to change that? Also back before i kinda knew what i was doing (well i still don't really know, but i know more now than before) I also just remembered, i set up a rDNS in my server conrol panel to be the same as the DNS i am trying to use for the panel, could that also be creating a conflict?

Also my CentOS version is 7.2.x could that also be creating the conflict?
Thanks given by:
Hypothetically none of the things you mention should be an issue. I would have said the loopback address could have been something, but guess what? Mine is pointing at it too.

Why don't you go look at the documentation in the area of troubleshooting?

I suspect a DNS issue and THIS SITE is one of my favorites to check propagation as well as if it does not find your A Record or other things in your DNS, it becomes painfully obvious. There are a number of tools and advice here in the Sentora documentation, try starting HERE and see if you can determine if there are issues with your DNS.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
First off, your panel should not be at 'something.panel.mydomain.com' but at 'panel.mydomain.com'
-TGates - Head of Support

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Modules Maintained: 13 - Module Installs: 108k+

Find my support helpful? Donate HERE
Help me to help you by getting your domains using this link:
GoDaddy - Domains
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora is Safe testing 1 322 07-26-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: TGates
sentora centered issue with installing an smf forum rivendell 3 245 06-22-2017, 03:55 AM
Last Post: TGates
Not getting notification after installing sentora MaryLee 3 570 01-31-2017, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Me.B