This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Paid Sentora
Paid Sentora
Hey everyone,

I want to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Sentora and have been using it for years now.

I was looking at other panels, not to use, but to see pricing options. cPanel is ridiculously priced but I came across Plesk and was surprised at some of their packages.

As low as $5/month, and got thinking. What if Sentora had taken it from an Open-Source model to a paid-subscription or even donate-monthly.

Sentora could even go as low as $1/month for example, making it super affordable but would allow developers to get paid and the project to continue with great support.

Just a thought, I know a lot of people choose open-source platforms because of the pricing. But come on, who couldn't afford $12/year?
Thanks given by:
RE: Paid Sentora
Good idea.. for the paid support, developers could pre add modules like sentastico (one click scripts installation like wordpress etc) and maybe offer direct help
Thanks given by:
@laughingsteam I don't think its good idea we all use sentora because its free. And it you want to develop it more you can hire sentora developers.

@hdaackda we already have sentastico module which can do the auto installation over 30+ scripts.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2017, 04:28 AM)laughingsteam Wrote: Hey everyone,

I want to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Sentora and have been using it for years now.

I was looking at other panels, not to use, but to see pricing options. cPanel is ridiculously priced but I came across Plesk and was surprised at some of their packages.

As low as $5/month, and got thinking. What if Sentora had taken it from an Open-Source model to a paid-subscription or even donate-monthly.

Sentora could even go as low as $1/month for example, making it super affordable but would allow developers to get paid and the project to continue with great support.

Just a thought, I know a lot of people choose open-source platforms because of the pricing. But come on, who couldn't afford $12/year?

Hi laughingsteam,

wow, you going to make me cry Sad. its not a problem for the dev team to add a pricetag to there panel, you know why we developers/coders/programmers  support open-source ?. Not because its free that's one thing I can tell you. 

Wikipedia Wrote:Open-source software (OSS) is computer software with its source code made available with a license in which the copyright holder provides the rights to study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.

With Cpanel, Plesk etc those are paid subscription for something that could be done for free with time and dedication ?, Keep in mind say for example I have an idea and I would like to add it to cpanel first that would be a violation to there source code and I get sued for simply creating or developing an awesome addon for Cpanel. Unless I contact them and so on. Instead we have Sentora and other open source panels so that developers can share there awesome code with everyone and simply give it for free because that's what open-source is still alive.

People disregard open-source now a days... open-source is the $#!7, you meet new people everytime and you see how they go about solving problems and what and how to adjust the way you code. With Open-source you are expanding your knowledge with hundreds of people.

What makes sense would be to have a paid support section, which Sentora does have "premium service".
and they have a donations section Smile

Did you know that most open-source users are able to learn as a huge percentage of them could be kids trying to learn to code and expand there knowledge, if Sentora was $12/year how would eg: a 14 year old coder pay for that ?

The reason I say 'kids', when I was the age of 13. if we did not have open-source I don't think I would be where I am right now. my fascination started from 4chan a looooooooooooonnnnnnnggg time ago where we all stood together united as one divided by 0. To protect our right to learn anything we want on the internet.

There was a very nice young man that died for the sake of knowledge being free and keeping open-source free, google 'Aaron Swartz'. Watch the youtube documentaries and you will see why developers prefer open source.

Without Aaron Swarts we would not have what we know as RSS, CC (Creative Commons) & even Reddit. yes reddit started out with him before his suicide RIP.

obviously $12 is nothing, $100 is nothing. Sharing Knowledge is everything and you cannot put a price tag on knowledge.

Angel Well that's a rant
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
I think it is a good idea. You should think you pay what for you. Do not think so much about price are expensive or not expensive. We only think what we will receive from that is good or not good. In my working, I am ready pay for whatever make my jobs are more easily and faster. Do not think so much. we should act what we want to do to get achievement.
Thanks given by:
I would gladly pay for Sentora for a premium version. I'm picturing:
"normal features" = free.
"normal features + fantastico/softaculous-type features" = $3

Good way to support a good product while making the paid version include extra features.
My name is Mike. Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 466 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,157 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,381 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM