This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Protected Directories
Protected Directories
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with setting and using the protected directories option.. First let me write some basic info about my setup.
So i have an Ubuntu Server 14.04 with Sentora 1.0.3 installed on a vmWare host. My Sentora has a local IP address set up. And i am hosting about 6 web pages on my server and they are working normally without any issues.

I tried to set up the Protected directories option on a web page, and when i try to access the folder from the same network (local network) it prompts for user and password normally like it should. But... If i try to access the same folder from outside, it doesn't even ask for credentials and just gives me the 403 - Forbidden error..

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I mean, i can access the sites normally from outside, so it should be working fine.. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed my issue.. Had the listener set up on my firewall, so i just had to disable the listener and directly publish the whole server (port 80) to my local IP. Don't know why i didn't think about that earlier..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Password Protected Directories Authentication vuks89 0 3 ,041 01-21-2016, 06:11 AM
Last Post: vuks89
Protected Directories Module? nitrouspat 5 12 ,068 08-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Last Post: kandrews
No Matching Directories "sentora" doesn't exist? ShannonS 2 7 ,550 04-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShannonS