This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connection speed limit
Connection speed limit
Hi!

How can I limit the connection speed a domain has. This is available in Plesk and other panels but not in Sentora. How can I do that in config files or something? The reason is that we have a free hosting plan besides our paid plans, but we want to limit the connection speed so that when they go for the paid plan, which by the way is hosted via Plesk panels, they will achieve greater loading speed on their websites. Currently the free plan is just as fast as the paid ones.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Connection speed limit
In my experience using this software. I don't believe there is a way to limit bandwidth.

Keep in mind that Sentora is only v1. It may be added in a future update, but right now I don't believe it's possible.

You may be able to find some sort of data transfer tracking software that you can associate with a given domain name by using log files, but that would be out of the scope of the support team for Sentora. And honestly I don't think would give you the desired result you are after.
Thanks given by: TGates
As Brad mentioned above, it is beyond the scope of Sentora, but since I was also curious, I took a peek on Google and there is a lot of info. Here's one for Ubuntu: http://askubuntu.com/questions/20872/how...-bandwidth
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: bradjtrammell
I found a solution using the mod_ratelimit.
And it works perfectly and is auto applied to new vhosts as well Smile

Now the Free Leechers are limited to 200Kb/s :>

Thanks anyway.
Thanks given by: Ron-e , TGates
(12-13-2016, 05:06 PM)eirsik Wrote: I found a solution using the mod_ratelimit.
And it works perfectly and is auto applied to new vhosts as well Smile

Thank you for posting your resolution. Lots of people don't do that and it's frustrating to people using Sentora who may have the same issue, but couldn't find what you found.
Thanks given by:
(12-13-2016, 05:06 PM)eirsik Wrote: Wonderful if you've really found a solution using the mod_ratelimit to limit demo speed of hosted customers.
And than, can you now please explaneshare you solution here? Because i'am really turning around trying to solve mine. I've got the same configuration you discribe. Then, can it also works perfectly for me with this auto applied to new vhosts as well ???

Best regards,

Thanks anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How do i increase memory limit for one user?? vickyperkin 1 4 ,499 07-31-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TGates
PHP Upload limit Crunchn 7 25 ,785 07-25-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: amandajames
"connection refused" testing 4 10 ,187 10-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: wormsunited