This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

upgrade to php 5.6
RE: upgrade to php 5.6
(02-02-2017, 03:36 AM)FernandoGarcia Wrote: Sorry, I don't know what's Suhosin.

I think this package is not loaded.

php -v says:

Code:
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

And with php -m I can't see the module.

How to recompile it on Ubuntu?

Huh
It is mentioned a couple posts up in this very same thread (Install Docs-ISPconfig) Rolleyes
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2017, 06:29 AM)TGates Wrote: Huh
It is mentioned a couple posts up in this very same thread (Install Docs-ISPconfig) Rolleyes

The tutorial on post Install Docs-ISPconfig is for CentOS I'm using Ubuntu.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...ht=php+5.6
Thanks given by:
Well, then I am not really sure. I haven't tried it (since I have no need to) but, Google may have some answers for you. First you will have to look into upgrading php (which looks easy enough) then check into how to recompile suhosin (Not so easy).

You also need to remember, that by doing this we will no longer be able to support you as it will be a custom install and it may also break any future upgrades of Sentora and the web stack that are planned in the future.

Good luck!
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
i have this problem how to fix it
my vps have php5.6 but sentora panel PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21
Thanks given by:
The easier way is to follow this tutorial for Ubi: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...untu-14-04 ; This tutorial for Cent: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...n-centos-7

With Ubi you need to use the language filters so use this command (in Ubi tut): 
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y language-pack-en-base
sudo LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

Then don't forget to run your regular commands:
Code:
sudo a2dismod phpx.x
sudo a2enmod phpx.x
sudo service apache2 restart

where the first line is the version of php you want to disable, and the second you want to enable. Follow all that up with:

Code:
sudo apt-get install php7.0-cli php7.0-common libapache2-mod-php7.0 php7.0 php7.0-mysql php7.0-fpm php7.0-curl php7.0-gd php7.0-bz2

followed up with some:

Code:
sudo service apache2 restart

and everything should be kosher. Takes me about 20 Minutes to deploy a whole server with sentora and everything.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation WARNING! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation : Please remember to BACK UP your data in case that this fails. I am not responsible for lost data or people who follow my words blindly! Do anything I tell you with a grain of salt and do your research prior to doing ANYTHING!
Thanks given by:
is Suhosin running on your updated server?
Don't you have to reinstall Suhosin again if you update php?
Suhosin is very important for the security in Sentora.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: worksmarter
(05-05-2017, 12:04 AM)Ron-e Wrote: is Suhosin running on your updated server?
Don't you have to reinstall Suhosin again if you update php?
Suhosin is very important for the security in Sentora.

Yes and yep. When you change PHP versions you must recompile SUHOSIN. Without it, SENTORA is not at all safe - they use SUHOSIN by design as part of SENTORA's rigid security.

It is also very easy to compile SUHOSIN. I and others have several threads on it. It maybe takes 45 seconds to complete as a one-liner... I canot over-state the importance of SUHOSIN working and up to date with SENTORA!!!
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by: TGates
(05-05-2017, 02:57 PM)worksmarter Wrote: Yes and yep. When you change PHP versions you must recompile SUHOSIN. Without it, SENTORA is not at all safe - they use SUHOSIN by design as part of SENTORA's rigid security.

It is also very easy to compile SUHOSIN. I and others have several threads on it. It maybe takes 45 seconds to complete as a one-liner... I canot over-state the importance of SUHOSIN working and up to date with SENTORA!!!

Hi!

If it's easy please point me a link or a step by step.

Best regards.
Thanks given by:
Hello all,

I see this steps to upgrade sentora php to php5.6

https://gist.github.com/trinvh/faab50615...d9f363f346

And this works 100% with Suhosin on Centos7.

But i can't do this on ubuntu14.04, so please can anyone do steps for ubuntu 14.04 ?
Thanks given by:
Compiling SUHOSIN in CentOS can be distilled into a one-liner; I can't imagine it is that much harder on Ubuntu. - Copy and paste all of this into your SSH terminal. The "echo" command at the end is to make the CLI enter the last command without you having to depress the <ENTER> key. This whole process takes less than two minutes. Hopefully it will be of some help to you with Ubuntu.

Code:
cd /tmp
wget https://download.suhosin.org/suhosin-0.9.38.tar.gz
tar -xzf suhosin-0.9.38.tar.gz
rm -f suhosin-0.9.38.tar.gz
cd suhosin-0.9.38
phpize &> /dev/null
./configure &> /dev/null
make &> /dev/null
make install
cd ..
rm -rf suhosin-0.9.38
echo

This is all that is likely to be different:

Rename the suhosin.ini it in your etc/php.d folder with a priority like, 20-suhosin.ini

Code:
; Enable Suhosin
extension=suhosin.so
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE FROM 5.1 TO 7.4 franselect 4 15 ,119 04-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: PromptAttestation
Upgrade Kinda Work - Domain Issues Now ppcseopro 6 23 ,164 04-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
How to upgrade php and mysql version? davidlambda 4 28 ,531 03-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: davidlambda