This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[SOLVED] Own nameserver not working
[SOLVED] Own nameserver not working
Hi, i installed and config sentora, im using digital ocean.

Im using a main domain, called: maindomain.com.br

In the digital ocean network panel, i insert the maindomain.com.br and config the records. In my registrar company i insert in the dns, MASTER: ns1.digitalocean.com and in the SLAVE: ns2.digitalocean.com

In the sentora panel, i create the domain: maindomain.com.br and create the dns configs and records.

The maindomain.com.br is working perfectly.

Now i create a second domain, called: seconddomain.com.br

First i create this seconddomain.com.br in sentora panel, and create the dns records. Then in the registrar company i create the seconddomain.com.br and in the dns configs i insert: MASTER: ns1.maindomain.com.br and SLAVE: ns2.maindomain.com.br, but when i save this dns config i get the error: UNKNOWN DNS.

Like the ns1.maindomain.com.br doesnt exist.

I already wait for 3 days and i get the same error.

Anyone can help me?

Im attaching my digital ocean dns config, and the maindomain.com.br and seconddomain.com.br in sentora config.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks given by:
RE: Own nameserver not working
classic mistake you have to configure dns only on your registrar or main dns.

You can't use both.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: vitormc
(12-08-2016, 11:36 PM)Me.B Wrote: classic mistake you have to configure dns only on your registrar or main dns.

You can't use both.

M B

Thanks for the answer.

Im a begginner with sentora, can you explain me better how i can to fix it, for my seconddomain works?

My digitalocean dns config are right?

I dont need to create and pay the seconddomain.com.br in the registrar company?
In Brazil for use domains ended with ".br" we have only one company called: registro.br (http://www.registro.br), when i need to enroll my personal information, register the domain and config the dns.

And my nameserver: ns1.maindomain.com.br looks not working.

Well, im a little confuse with this.
Thanks given by:
You have to pay for any domain you use.

As for nameservers, if you set it up properly with your main domain, any 'addon' domains can just point to your nameservers (n1.domain.com, n2.domain.com) If you have only 1 IP, there is a tutorial in our Docs: HERE
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot.
I find the problem, and is called: "wait for the dns propagation".

I change nothing in my dns configs and after 4 days my nameservers: ns1.maindomain.com.br and ns2.maindomain.com.br are working fine, now is just config the records in the sentora panel.

Thats it, all my domains are working now, thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: [SOLVED] Own nameserver not working
Great to hear! Yes, some domain registrars take a lot longer to propagate than others Sad  making new setups difficult to test and setup.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Only working 1 subdomain pedrowilson 3 7 ,032 11-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: 5050
Subdomain Not working PLZ HELP rajeevrrs 5 18 ,789 03-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TGates
Main web site working fine, but others not. VictoryAndGlory 13 32 ,213 03-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Last Post: TGates