This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Port 53 is closed?!?
DNS Port 53 is closed?!?
Restarted my server and now the Server Status shows DNS port 53 as blocked. all my domain names besides my main one arent working showing a dns error.

I dont know what i have to do to open the port back up or if i need to restart the dns server.

Willing to compensate for your time.
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS Port 53 is closed?!?
Check if bind is working first.

Check if anything is using that port.

M B

PS: don't double post.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Tried reloading bind. I get this when using "systemctl status named.service".

Code:
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com named[14518]: open:
/etc/named.conf: permission denied              
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com named[14518]: loadi
ng configuration: permission denied              
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com systemd[1]: named.s
ervice: control process exited, code=exited statu
s=1                                              
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com systemd[1]: Failed
to start Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS).    
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com systemd[1]: Unit na
med.service entered failed state.                
Nov 29 14:02:26 cp.devrea.com systemd[1]: named.s
ervice failed.

Did permissions get messed up?

Edit: Home now able to pull more info.

Heres my bind.log, this is the error that keep repeating.
Code:
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.820 security: warning: using built-in DLV key for view _default
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.821 general: error: managed-keys.bind.jnl: create: permission denied
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.821 general: error: managed-keys-zone: sync_keyzone:dns_journal_open -> unexpected error
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.821 general: error: managed-keys-zone: unable to synchronize managed keys: unexpected error
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.823 general: notice: all zones loaded
26-Nov-2016 16:30:01.823 general: notice: running

Its something to do with permissions i don't know how to go about fixing. Ive looked it up and most cases people just reinstall the OS which id rather not do.

I run a Game Panel on the VPS too called TCAdmin. I was having permission problems on there as well. So I dont know if both of them running on the same VPS is a problem I've seen it work on Windows which is what I was coming from before I switched to CentOS.

If I need to split the two on different machines I will but if they shouldn't be conflicting then I'd rather have them both run on the same machine.

FIXED! Used "systemctl enable named" and chmod 775 named.conf and it worked... tried chown bind:bind etc. but it said the user didnt exist but now its working. So thanks i guess.
Thanks given by:
I think you have conflicts between them.

As this is not a common error on current sentora setup.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Dns Services Stopped ( Port Closed) nishanth2 2 8 ,274 03-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: TGates
I can not connect to port 53 to query domains jcgiler 10 30 ,382 12-30-2014, 05:45 AM
Last Post: jcgiler
How do I mask an unconventional subdomain port elitemobb 14 37 ,753 11-27-2014, 02:40 AM
Last Post: TGates