This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Can't login to Roundcube (users table empty?!)
RE: Can't login to Roundcube (users table empty?!)
I can't seem to find where Sentora posts the mailbox data to the roundcube tables..?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Sentora never post the user info into round cube directly. It will create the user in postfix table.

Roundcube is configured to connect to local IMAP server (port 143) and if able to connect it will then create the user in it's own table to store webmail settings related to this user. This is why I talk about disabling the firewall as it may block the internal port.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I stopped ufw but it still doesn't work.
When I try to login to roundcube I got these two errors:

in /var/sentora/logs/sentora-access.log:
Code:
105.235.137.6 - - [18/Nov/2016:11:23:55 +0100] "POST /etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login HTTP/1.1" 200 2730 "http://panel.domain.com/etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login" "Mozilla/5.0  Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.87 Safari/537.36 OPR/41.0.2353.56"

in /var/sentora/logs/roundcune/errors/log:
Code:
[18-Nov-2016 11:23:55 +0100]: IMAP Error: Login failed for contact@mywebsite.com from 105.235.137.6. Could not connect to localhost:143: Connection refused in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

N.B: here I changed my server and website adresses to "panel.domain.com" & "mywebsite.com" just to avoid web scrappers.

I found some posts suspecting dovecot, so I checked its log but it was empty.

While checking Sentora installation log, everything was fine except these lines:
Code:
-- Installing Postfix
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/postfix/master.cf’: No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/postfix/main.cf’: No such file or directory

Daemon run complete! (23:41 14th Nov 2016 CET)

-- Installing Logrotate
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/logrotate.d/Sentora-apache’: File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/logrotate.d/Sentora-postifx’: File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/logrotate.d/Sentora-dovecot’: File exists
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /etc/resolv.conf
Failed to restart postfix.service: Unit postfix.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Restart your server now to complete the install (y/n)?
Thanks given by:
ouch seem your postfix config is messed up and that explains it.

The logs too show like dovecot either not running or refusing connection.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to upgrade RoundCube rajeevrrs 0 1 ,726 11-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: rajeevrrs
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,977 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
How to add password reset option in roundcube hakunamatata 15 62 ,709 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: republicus