This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Premium DNS - Name Cheap
Premium DNS - Name Cheap
Hello everyone!

I need some help if anyone has some suggestions. I bought Name Cheap's Premium DNS, that allows instead of custom DNS that points to Sentora, to route it through them for mitigation of DDOS, etc.

When setting it up, they suggest using this link: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowle...ltaneously

as well, this link: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowle...r-a-domain

Going through, the A records are fine, they are all added, but once I get to CNAME, they said they are invalid, as the Value shouldn't be @.

The same for adding NS records, the host shouldn't be @ and value ns1.domain.com

I'm scratching my head over this, so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks given by:
RE: Premium DNS - Name Cheap
isn't a cname set to the ip address?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2016, 12:16 AM)Ron-e Wrote: isn't a cname set to the ip address?

Tried that, didn't like it. I took some screenshots of what the DNS records look like in Sentora.

Thanks given by:
Hi there

Why not use namecheaps nameservers? Thats what you pay for??

I am with another registra but this is what I did

Name Servers
Name Server 1 ns1.crazydomains.com 27.124.125.7,2a00:fd80:aaaa:ffff::eeee:c1
Name Server 2 ns2.crazydomains.com 27.124.125.8,2a00:fd80:aaaa:ffff::eeee:c

You would have something similar (default nameservers) change them back and never touch them again as there is a delay when you go playing with them

A Record hvcablejointer.com.au 153.92.44.10
www.hvcablejointer.com.au 153.92.44.10
CNAME Record *.hvcablejointer.com.au hvcablejointer.com.au
MX Record *.hvcablejointer.com.au 1 hvcablejointer.com.au

Thats it I dont have an ip6 addy so I never added that record set yours up the same and it will most likely go like a charm without the expense of "premium dns service". Email subdomains and web are all rerouted. I cant think of anything else

You need the www and the domain in my case hvcablejointer.com.au set as A records the mail record set as * aswell as the cname set as *. The registrar will push it all to your webserver and sentora will sort it all out. Leave the default sentora settings in. There may be different ways to do this but its the simplest and it works So revert your nameservers back and make those 4 records (and no others) and your done.
Thanks given by: