This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

problem sending email from sentora
problem sending email from sentora
Hi;

we can not send email from sentora, but we can receive from others sites, when we send message in webmail its work ok, but in trhe client we can't do that, anybody can help us with this?, perharp is a config on site..

regard
Thanks given by:
RE: problem sending email from sentora
Did you try searching? There are many posts about this with fixes. Maybe one of them will sort you out Wink
Google: cannot send emails site:forums.sentora.org
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
TGATE:

I review all conf on sentora, I do all test to see if the port its disable but it is open, I make a config on mi client and it still not send any mail, but on webmail it work fine, for that reason I wrote this post, could you please let me know a standart config on sentora?

regard
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure I understand. You can send emails using Roundcube webmail? Or, webmail allows you to send, but the emails are not being sent out of the server? Are you using a webmail relay? Almost all VPS and personal servers require that you use a mail relay to send out your emails such as gmail or your own ISP.

Me.B is a bit better at email than I currently am. Still learning the *nix style (Transferred my server a while back from Windows.)

Thanks given by:
The default config in sentora works fine.

Check if even the port is open that you ISP allow it to send email. Some VPS provider may block port 25 to avoid spam.

Also check your DNS config.

And my advice don't mess up postfix config unless you know really what you are doing.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Tgate:

The webmail send mail out box, but the client did not, I dont pretend change anythink in postfix , I prefer look a simple config on sentora , or demostrate at vps hosting that we have problems sending email, for that reason I wrote this post, i do my own relay, I dont use external relay perhaps will be the final solutions, could you please tell me how to do this on sentora site?..

Regard
Thanks given by:
Tgates;

Could you please help me to change the smtp config to ssl ?, or send me a post where I can solve this issues?, I make many test, I did a external conexion with linode server by telnet and it work, perharp we have security issues from my client, please help me with because I have a several problem with my client..

Regard
Thanks given by:
This will help with setting up an external relay: https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfi...tp-debian7

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,682 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,982 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,132 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519