This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multiple IP Addresses
Multiple IP Addresses
Hey all,
   I have been on shared or vps in the past. Just decided to learning and setting up my own server.  I have been on CPanel before as a client of other hosting companies but it was too expensive so I went with VirtualMin but I did not like it for various reasons. I changed over to Sentora last week and I am having an issue that I cant seem to solve. I have a dedicated server that is in a data center and was given 5 ip addresses. The main IP address handles my web server, media server, mail, FTP, and MySQL. But I have a different domain that I wanted to use soleyly for a game server - namely a minecraft server. I run a local youth organization and we wanted to set up a minecraft server to seerve our youth. We have used MCProHosting in the oast but wanted to set up a server on our own so we are using one of the 5 IPs for the gaming server domain.  (All 5 of our domains are bound to our server through a set range on one network interface) We are on Centos 7 OS. We set up the second domain in Sentora and the web server works fine because apache listens on all IPs. But I have tried several things to get minecraft to port through Multicraft but Sentora seems to be blocking all ports except for the default ports mail web ftp etc.  Centos 7 is saying there is no firewall running so nothing to open technically. But when I check the port 25565 from the web it says its closed. Minecraft cant bind to port for the second domain and IP address but works fine on the main IP. Any ideas how I can get both domains and IPs running through sentora. I am not just serving port 80 web pages. I would think you should be able to serve more than that so any ideas would be appreciated. Im learning as I go. Thanks for the help!
Thanks given by:
RE: Multiple IP Addresses
Sentora will only block port 80 not all ports!

Again check your firewall you need to stop it to test but you are always adviced to have a firewalled server.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
ok so if I have 1.1.1.1 as my host ip for Sentors - domain1.com

and at my registrar and at my name servers have my 2nd domain domain2.com pointing to ip 1.1.1.2

In Centos 7 - I have bound range from 1.1.1.1 - 1.1.1.5 to my single network interface eth0

how come any traffic on port 25565 does not pass through and gets stopped dead in its tracks

But if I switch it over to domain1 it goes right through. From info on another site "Most distributions use the iptables firewall, which uses the netfilter hooks to enforce firewall rules. CentOS 7 comes with an alternative service called firewalld which fulfills this same purpose." so I check firewalld and it tells me there is no active firewall. So if no firewall no ports to open ... so whats stopping the traffic - it has to be Sentora. How do I get Sentora to recognize the 2nd ip (and third and so on) to treat it as host ips? That is my question. Since there is no firewall then firewalls have no bearing on this post.

Output of iptables rules:
[root@srv ~]# iptables -S | tee ~/firewalld_iptables_rules
-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT
[root@srv ~]# ip6tables -S | tee ~/firewalld_ip6tables_rules
-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT

---AND ---

[root@srv ~]# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=25565/tcp
FirewallD is not running
Thanks given by:
I'm sure this is your network config/firewall.

As I'm not aware of any service installed by sentora using port 25565 and thus blocking it. We don't ship any firewall default configuration.

Best is tryint to check with nmap and list all services listening on your server, also may your mine craft server is not binding to all ip's too!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2016, 09:09 AM)Me.B Wrote: I'm sure this is your network config/firewall.

As I'm not aware of any service installed by sentora using port 25565 and thus blocking it. We don't ship any firewall default configuration.

Best is tryint to check with nmap and list all services listening on your server, also may your mine craft server is not binding to all ip's too!

M B

**** SOLVED*****

Ok  Thanks I figured a way to resolve it. For those who may encounter it in the future. If you have more than one ip bound to your network interface on Centos 7 and need to use a port that is not on the base IP configured in Sentora you can enable that port using the following command. First if you don't have firewald running you need to run it

See: https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-star...-centos-7/ 

**** IMPORTANT ****

MAKE SURE ONCE YOU ENABLE THE FIREWALL YOU HAVE OPEN EXCEPTIONS FOR SSH AND WHATEVER IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT IS NOT DONE AUTOMATICALLY!!!!

Then you can enable a port on any of the other ip addresses you have bound using the following command: (Put the ip that you want to open the port on and the port where the x's are below.)

firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule='
  rule family="ipv4"
  source address="X.X.X.X"
  port protocol="tcp" port="XXXX" accept'

Thanks for the help. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Adding Multiple Domains Brandonlipman 3 9 ,962 05-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Me.B