This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Setting up domain via command line.
Setting up domain via command line.
Hey Guys,

has anyone got any advice on setting up sentora with a domain without having to login to the panel and enter it manually?
Thanks given by:
RE: Setting up domain via command line.
You can do that. But I assume the user / package created no?

You need to create the domain root folder and add entries in :

dbConfusedentora_core

table: x_vhosts
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(09-23-2016, 03:32 AM)Me.B Wrote: You can do that. But I assume the user / package created no?

You need to create the domain root folder and add entries in :

dbConfusedentora_core

table: x_vhosts

I tried this, but it still sends me to the login panel. 
I tried copying a finished httpd-vhost.conf from another installation and editing the domain, but with no luck.

Any tips on getting this sorted?
Thanks given by:
The correct answer to this is No.

The panel is not designed to work using the command line. There are many DB entries that are used to create all the various config files needed to control apache, bind, etc. that are not editable by simple command line entries.

You might be able to do it, but it would require a lot more commands then just 'create domain' for example.

You maybe could create a script that would do all the entries and updates you need to create a domain, but you will have to figure out exactly what needs to be edited/added for it to work. Thus, much more complicated than logging in and adding a domain and creating the default DNS entries.

I can see where such a script would be useful: Moving multiple domains to a Sentora server from another server. Although, you still would need to login and create databases and database users if the sites require them. Confused 

Creating such a script is beyond the support of these forums unless there is somebody else out there that would like to help work on such a complex project.

Good luck!
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,296 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,055 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather