This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The most important question for Sentora
The most important question for Sentora
I invest very much on my new company and i think to use Sentora, but have some worries..

Is the Sentora ready for Live ?? Huh

1. What is the last important hot fixes for Sentora ?
2. What php functions need to be disabled in (disabled_functions in php.ini) ?
3. Can client's or non-client's hack the server with Sentora ?

And many of this questions/answers in this thread... Rolleyes

Regards.
Thanks given by:
RE: The most important question for Sentora
It works very well and is very stable!
I use and contribute with developers over 2 years and have over 15 active domains on my server!

Updates will always be the latest available in the Linux distribution of your choice!

It is a fantastic and very good project! But remember .... does not have free beer! If you are into the boat be prepared to get your hands dirty if it appears a problem!

Anyway count on us to help!
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2016, 01:00 AM)tkramer Wrote: It works very well and is very stable!
I use and contribute with developers over 2 years and have over 15 active domains on my server!

Updates will always be the latest available in the Linux distribution of your choice!

It is a fantastic and very good project! But remember .... does not have free beer! If you are into the boat be prepared to get your hands dirty if it appears a problem!

Anyway count on us to help!

Yes it is fantastic. And i use for my websites over 2 years, but now i want to sell service with him.
I'm not sure to do this or not.. Undecided
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2016, 10:34 PM)kini Wrote: I invest very much on my new company and i think to use Sentora, but have some worries..

Is the Sentora ready for Live ??  Huh

1. What is the last important hot fixes for Sentora ?
2. What php functions need to be disabled in (disabled_functions in php.ini) ?
3. Can client's or non-client's hack the server with Sentora ?

And many of this questions/answers in this thread...  Rolleyes

Regards.

Well put it this way 'current Sentora' is ready for Live, but it largely depends on your requirements.. for example do you want the latest PHP? MySQL? etc? Then maybe not so, because Sentora hasn't received an update in a year or so, but that doesn't mean it is not stable, it is - for a matter of fact, I have 112 Clients that use Sentora, I only ever had few issues which don't affect the 'websites' rather just the 'Control Panel'. 

TL;DR - It is ready, but it isn't trendy but mature in what it does.

1) Frankly, 1.0.3 update delivered everything didn't really have to fix anything after that, other than customizing.
2) You don't need to mess with it, all you need is a fresh server and install Sentora and then install whatever extension you need that isn't already offered by Sentora. IT CAN ONLY BE PHP 5.X and not PHP 7.
3) Anything can be hacked, (but everyone has their own definition of hacking) if for instance you used cPanel and your clients had stupid passwords and it isn't going to take long for a hacker with rainbow tables to guess your clients password. If you have enough $ or enough knowledge you can ensure that this isn't an issue.

For number 3 you said yourself: "invest very much on my new company" - well then investing into security isn't a bad move. 

But don't take my word for it, check Sentora on a simple server or I'm happy to offer you my services until you are satisfied with Sentora and I'm happy for you to play around on it. By default Sentora out-of-the-box is okay but the security threat comes not from Sentora but the OS and the application stack (Configurations and Settings). My advice is get a Server Admin (if possible from this forum - so he has knowledge of Sentora and its workings) and go from there.

I promise you, once you start using Sentora you won't want to go back!

Good luck with your company.
Thanks given by: TGates

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 465 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,157 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,380 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM