This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

.x_dns_create table
.x_dns_create table
not really a support request as much as a question (hopefully i havn't posted in the wrong place)

while i was attempting to migrate from a 12.04 ubuntu server running zpanel 10.1.1 to a 14.04 ubuntu server runing sentora 1.0.0. I backed up and then dropped the entire schema and imported the schema from the old zpanel server. no problem.

HOWEVER, i got a white screen for zpanel login. when i combed through the backup of the sentora schema i noticed a table called .x_dns_create, so i wrote a query to create this table and its appropriate rows and behold a login screen.

curious what the point of this table is considering white screen without it and yet after recreation its an empty table.
Need a good VPS Host? Check Out Digital Ocean! https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=5cc7d2894482
Thanks given by:
RE: .x_dns_create table
If you're doing a manual upgrade, then you should always run the sql & bash file in the build folder that corresponds to your distro.

The x_dns_create table gives default dns settings for your server.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
good to know. wasnt doing an upgrade, was doing a full scale migration. Ive had a VPS host that doesnt offer any form of backups (even paid???) which im rather uncomfortable with especially when doing update work in case something breaks, so im migrating to digital ocean which has the nifty automated backup feature and just ran across this during the move. trial and error to get it working. Im going to be giving Me.B's Backup script a try tomorrow morning with a fresh sentora install to see if that works more seamlessly than my manual attempt.
Need a good VPS Host? Check Out Digital Ocean! https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=5cc7d2894482
Thanks given by:
Hi
The purpose and usage of the table x_dns_create is explained in the doc here Customizing default DNS
its default content is in the file /etc/zpanel/etc/build/[distrib]/zpanel_update/10.1.1/sql/zpanel_update.sql

it is
Code:
/* Table structure for table `x_dns_create` */

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `zpanel_core`.`x_dns_create` (
  `dc_id_pk` int(6) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `dc_acc_fk` int(6) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_type_vc` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_host_vc` varchar(100) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_ttl_in` int(30) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_target_vc` varchar(100) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_priority_in` int(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_weight_in` int(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  `dc_port_in` int(50) DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`dc_id_pk`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=10 ;

/* Data for the table `x_dns_create` */
INSERT INTO `zpanel_core`.`x_dns_create` (`dc_id_pk`, `dc_acc_fk`, `dc_type_vc`, `dc_host_vc`, `dc_ttl_in`, `dc_target_vc`, `dc_priority_in`, `dc_weight_in`, `dc_port_in`) VALUES
(1, 0, 'A', '@', 3600, ':IP:', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(2, 0, 'CNAME', 'www', 3600, '@', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(3, 0, 'CNAME', 'ftp', 3600, '@', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(4, 0, 'A', 'mail', 86400, ':IP:', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(5, 0, 'MX', '@', 86400, 'mail.:DOMAIN:', 10, NULL, NULL),
(6, 0, 'A', 'ns1', 172800, ':IP:', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(7, 0, 'A', 'ns2', 172800, ':IP:', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(8, 0, 'NS', '@', 172800, 'ns1.:DOMAIN:', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(9, 0, 'NS', '@', 172800, 'ns2.:DOMAIN:', NULL, NULL, NULL);
Thanks given by:
Hello,

in my x_dns_create i added default spf and txt for spf dns entry ?

should this be in default installation ?

Code:
INSERT INTO `x_dns_create` (`dc_id_pk`, `dc_acc_fk`, `dc_type_vc`, `dc_host_vc`, `dc_ttl_in`, `dc_target_vc`, `dc_priority_in`, `dc_weight_in`, `dc_port_in`) VALUES
(10, 0, 'SPF', '@', 86400, 'v=spf1 mx a ip4::IP:/32 a:mail.:DOMAIN: a::DOMAIN: ~all', NULL, NULL, NULL),
(11, 0, 'TXT', '@', 86400, 'v=spf1 mx a ip4::IP:/32 a:mail.:DOMAIN: a::DOMAIN: ~all', NULL, NULL, NULL);
Thanks given by: