This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Module request/idea
New Module request/idea
Hi Folks,

I have recently started looking at sentora and whilst I am very impressed with the control panel in general there are a few features that I am struggling to find modules for that I would love to see. I am happy to help with testing if anyone is developing modules for these features just let me know otherwise if anyone is looking for a project below are my suggestions. Unfortunately I'm not great at scripting so this isn't something I'm looking to tackle myself yet but hopefully I will be able to contribute more to projects as I get to grips with this more.

Suggestion 1: IP manager.

I have worked for hosting companies using systems such as cPanel, Plesk etc and have often encountered issues where a customer would have a compromised site on their server for example which would result in blacklisting affecting all of their hosted sites and emails etc. Another example of issues is if a particular site is being hit by a DDoS.

In either of these situations it would be very useful to be able to change service IP's quickly and easily.

In the blacklist situation for example to have the host IP and Mail IP different would prevent half the problem from the very beginning (depending what service was compromised) and allowing the outgoing mail IP to be easily changed to an alternative would allow other customer mail to proceed as normal once the compromise has been isolated and at least stopped if not completely resolved whilst the problem is worked on, blacklist removal requests processed etc.

In the DDoS example to be able to split the hosted accounts over multiple IP's is a quick and effective way to identify the targeted site so changing the IP assigned to half the accounts on your server for example and then seeing which IP the attack comes in on and repeating until you get down to the one account being attacked which you can then block so that this does not adversely affect your network traffic whilst other sites are on different IP's and so working fine.

Also there is the option to provide dedicated IP addresses to customers should they require etc as well in this sort of configuration option.

Suggestion 2: letsencrypt.

I have found a thread saying it would be nice to have but nothing on any specific module being worked on for this, are there any plans for this that anyone knows off?

Suggestion 3: Dropbox/Googledrive etc

It would be really nice to be able to configure a basic backup connection to an offsite location without having to pay for specific NAS storage for example there are many backup plugin options for wordpress that will backup to dropbox etc and retain a set number of backups so a module to allow users to configure backups to their own offsite options would be nice.
Thanks given by: Xversion
RE: New Module request/idea
+1 I will start working on the IP Deny Manager and see how it goes.
Thanks given by:
RE: New Module request/idea
Yes it would be nice to to be able to put a quick IP block in

Another idea, when a domain is added create the folder for the website.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[Request] BoxBilling api module. cyber1995 4 11 ,863 10-23-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Module Repo Beta Chris L 3 6 ,037 08-13-2021, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Chris L
Cloud module repo spoonman 0 2 ,158 02-28-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: spoonman