This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Updating to 16.04.1 LTS
Updating to 16.04.1 LTS
!Heyo Sentora Community!

So silly me, I upgraded my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server to 16.04.1 LTS after receiving the notification it was now a recommended upgrade, and I forgot that Sentora relied very heavily on PHP5.

Seeing as they've gone out of their way to make PHP5 a nuisance to install on Ubuntu 16, is there a recommended way to get Sentora Panel working again? I previously had it setup running on panel.mywebsite.com, but now it just loads a blank page and I can only assume it's a php5 related issue (not using the actually installed php7). Funny enough most of the other domains on my site load properly (such as mywebsite.com, proxy.mywebsite.com, etc.)

Is there a way to salvage this without needing a fresh install in order to work with PHP7 or am I SOL and need to go back to PHP5 by manually adding the PPA repo's, etc.?

Thanks!

Edit:
Alright so for any of those wishing to switch to PHP7 and run into this issue, it was as simple as running:

Quote:sudo apt-get install php7.0-mysql

Not sure if there are more issues spawned by this, but I'll update this as I test everything out!
Thanks given by: TGates
RE: Updating to 16.04.1 LTS
Thanks for the updated info.

SECURITY RISK: THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME!
Suhosin is not available for php7 yet.
Sentora relies heavily on suhosin for security!

It would be best to stay with php5 w/suhosin.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: Cantalupo
RE: Updating to 16.04.1 LTS
Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Site Not Updating changes made in The HTML file me7leelee 4 8 ,058 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: 5050
Uploaded Website Not Updating GiantEspresso 3 6 ,861 04-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Updating PHP georgi_arsoff 9 17 ,247 02-02-2019, 01:55 AM
Last Post: fearworks