This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email server broken after SSL changed to StartSSL
Email server broken after SSL changed to StartSSL
I recently switched from LetsEncrypt to StartSSL so that I could install a wildcard certificate for the domain I use for Sentora and BoxBilling. Everything works find except for email.

I edited the appropriate postfix and dovecot conf files for the correct path to the new certificates. I followed the documentation and installed the certificates in /var/sentora/hostdata/ssl_certs/domain_tld/. However, webmail throws and error message that it can't connect to the storage server.

What am I missing?
Thanks given by:
RE: Email server broken after SSL changed to StartSSL
I'm confused. Where do I find a "Settings" menu?
Thanks given by:
webmail, as in roundcube? is that what is not connecting to the mil server?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Yes. Roundcube is not connecting.
Thanks given by:
You will need to review your roundcube configuration and edit it accordingly to match your server.

/etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/config/config.inc.php

Thanks given by:
I've already been through this file and I'm fairly sure I didn't make any changes relating to these settings. The ONLY thing I did was to change the path to the SSL certificate, key and chain to point to the new certificate (wildcard). Those changes were made to postfix and dovecot in Sentora configs. How would that affect the roundcube settings?
Thanks given by:
There are a lot reasons for this error. I did a quick look on Google and you are not alone, and this has been mentioned before but I can't find the post: (

From your description, just changing the certs shouldn't matter since roundcube is on same server.

I'm on my phone atm, so it's tough to look things up.

Is your hdd full? Low on space? MySql is running fine?
Did you change any core passwords?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,686 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,147 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,984 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik