This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Let's Encrypt/CertBot
Let's Encrypt/CertBot
So that I don't mess up my new sentora install.. i'm asking first.

To use let's encrypt and certbot, would i do a vhost override from the module admin and insert a Vhost entry or should i just create it and place it in /etc/httpd/conf.d/? The latter is my preference because it's what i'm used to.

Be awesome if it was dynamic... be pretty easy to script certbot to do this for every new domain and then set a cronjob to renew every 89 days. If i had time i'd play with that some more.

How is everyone else handling this?
Thanks given by:
RE: Let's Encrypt/CertBot
(07-21-2016, 12:56 PM)surety Wrote: So that I don't mess up my new sentora install.. i'm asking first.

To use let's encrypt and certbot, would i do a vhost override from the module admin and insert a Vhost entry or should i just create it and place it in /etc/httpd/conf.d/?  The latter is my preference because it's what i'm used to.

Be awesome if it was dynamic... be pretty easy to script certbot to do this for every new domain and then set a cronjob to renew every 89 days. If i had time i'd play with that some more.

I do this by the module admin (it's safer for Sentora). But I think this is a decision you need to do.
Thanks given by:
RE: Let's Encrypt/CertBot
(08-02-2016, 11:05 PM)NitroxydeX Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 12:56 PM)surety Wrote: So that I don't mess up my new sentora install.. i'm asking first.

To use let's encrypt and certbot, would i do a vhost override from the module admin and insert a Vhost entry or should i just create it and place it in /etc/httpd/conf.d/?  The latter is my preference because it's what i'm used to.

I do this by the module admin (it's safer for Sentora). But I think this is a decision you need to do.

Oh sure. I was just curious if anyone had tried to use let's encrypt and cert bot. I had a feeling the module admin was the way to go. Once I get time I'll try to play with it and see if I can make something like cert bot work. It'd be much easier of that alias file was a file per domain.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[Request] Lets encrypt Certificate manager Module. bubundas17 5 14 ,879 09-14-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: TGates
Unable to connect to the IMAP server (after install lets encrypt) Portofel 4 9 ,405 03-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Mails are not going out after enabling Let's Encrypt nscloud 4 9 ,023 10-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: zanga