This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Register and bill for domain
Register and bill for domain
Hi guys

Been testing out Sentora for about a month now. Installed it on my CentOS 7 server, got everything working so far. What an awesome, free system! Love it.

So, my plan is to start a webhosting business, and I started thinking about the "register a domain" part.

Let's say I have a potential costumer, that wants to start a blog. He/she knows which domain name they want, but if they can't register a domain at my place, they'll most likely move on to the next competitor, right? They ain't got time/knowhow for registering the domain somewhere else, and altering nameserver setup to point to my nameservers.

I have the xBilling module up and running, including the frontend. I can see in the "Email Settings" of the module, that there is an email called "Renewal Reminder Message", for when a domain expires. But what I don't understand is how this is used. As far as I can see, domain registration is not possible with Sentora.

So the question: what is the best way forward? Should I hack the frontend of xBilling, and add some custom code, where I add the step of domain registration, by means of communicating with, for example, eNom's API? And will this approach play well with Sentora? Or should I split it in two different processes, where the customer gets 1 bill from me for webhosting, and 1 bill from e.g. eNom for domain registration?

Any input much appreciated.

Regards
Roy Højgaard
Thanks given by:
RE: Register and bill for domain
Hi Roy,

It seems you have to hack xBilling, and add some custom code, where you add the step of domain registration. If you provide the eNom domain bill, should your costumers go there and dont pay you?

Just a suggestion tho...
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:
RE: Register and bill for domain
Hi wormsunited,

Thanks for your input.

Hmmm, I've had a good think, and I think splitting it up into two bills looks rather unprofessional and is also inconvenient for the costumer. It's just not good enough.

I find this highly interesting though. I love opensource and I like a good challenge! Smile So I will investigate the heck out of this, and see if perhaps i can create a proper module for domain registration, that will communicate with eNom's API, but still utilize the database tables of Sentora in order to send the bills and such. Naturally, it should work hand in hand with the xBilling module.

Cheers.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,301 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,056 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather