This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Modify mail server config and now having problem
Modify mail server config and now having problem
Hello Brothers/Sisters

Sad Please help me out with this problem. I am new to linux and its commands i can only use a little vi editor. Sorry if this type of thread posted earlier but i need solution please.

Here is my problem - "SMTP Error (250): Authentication failed." in roundcube

i did some changes in my mail server like postfix and dovecot from some website steps to secure my emails but got only problems no solution. I modify many files in my centos 7 server to secure but nothing happen.

Few errors after using different website steps to use postfix and dovecot:-
1. SMTP Error (250): Authentication failed.
2. connection failed
3. nothing happen only processing in roundcube

Now i am not getting any mails and not able to send too.

To solve my problem i delete every line which i write for postfix and dovecot (i think i deleted but maybe few left which i dont remember or dont understand)

Please help because this is my production vps and i dont want to loose this server at all.

Other then mail server everything is working fine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Modify mail server config and now having problem
Due to the fact that we do not know exactly what you changed, maybe this post can help you: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/email-err...ed.306524/
There are a couple solutions to try Wink

Just in case that doesn't help, you are not alone: Google: roundcube smtp error (250) authentication failed
a lot of people have gotten this issue.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2016, 02:58 AM)TGates Wrote: Due to the fact that we do not know exactly what you changed, maybe this post can help you: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/email-err...ed.306524/
There are a couple solutions to try Wink

Just in case that doesn't help, you are not alone: Google: roundcube smtp error (250) authentication failed
a lot of people have gotten this issue.

Hi TGates

As you send these links i check and found that all those are on plesk as i told i dont know much about the linux operations and i have centos 7 with sentora. So please if you can help please do
Thanks given by:
I understand they are for Plesk, but the error is the same. If you do not have backups of your original configs, it makes things very difficult to fix. I can only suggest things for you to try. It's not a panel issue rather it's a mail server/roundcube problem. Maybe Me.B has some suggestions if he is not too busy.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Get back the default config files. Likely you broke it.

Check the git depot for the default configs and replace the correct strings.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
kajlaajay do you solve your problem ??

and for member support what is a mail server config ??? where it local and what it should that contain ??
Thanks given by:
What you mean "To solve my problem i delete every line which i write for postfix and dovecot (i think i deleted but maybe few left which i dont remember or dont understand)" ???
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,147 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,134 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
E-mail quota limit danandrade 6 26 ,237 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: speeddemon786