This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

System Requirement
System Requirement
Hello everyone,
I want to ask if Sentora has any minimum system requirement to run? or it will always run smoothly on any server even with 128mb RAM?
I tried to google for sentora's minimum system requirement but no clue. Thank you. Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: System Requirement
I really doubt that it could run on 128 megs of ram. 512 maybe. Too many services that need to run to make it stable.

Apache
MariaDB
Dovecot
Postfix
BIND
PureFTPd
Thanks given by:
Here is the specification I run it on (VPS Servers) - OpenVZ (the node is managed by me and therefore the allocations are dedicated).

50GB RAM
6 Core Intel Xeon E5 CPU
1.2 TB SSD

and the typical usage with 100 customers is at: 2% RAM Usage and 1 Core being used, with a lot of my customers using Wordpress and Magento with alot of plugins.

The lowest I tried Sentora on was the following spec (for 10 websites and it worked great!):

1GB RAM
50GB Storage
Thanks given by:
Is there today 128 MB servers? you need to find them. Sentora won't likely work on such low end config as mySQL will require more ram and won't fit.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
@Me.B : yes, there are a lot in lowendstock.com 
and I have some more question, I hope anyone here can help me out.
1. Can I install sentora on NAT VPS?
2. Can I install sentora on 512MB+512MB vSwap VPS?
I need it only to run light WordPress site only, can anyone tell me how many max number of WP site can I run with this spec?

Thank you so much Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sentora can run on 512mb ram my server sits at 85% ram usage
Thanks given by:
(Side note my server is a computer so old I couldn't find any information about it other than what I could see
Thanks given by:
So... Can it run on NAT VPS/Shared IP?
Thanks given by:
2 gb ram
1 core
30GB disk space

this is the minimum requirement
if you have less then 2 GB ram process will start closing automatic duo to insufficient memory issue
and no share VPS this is to be dedicated VPS with 1 external IP if you can get more so get at least 2

good luck
Thanks given by:
My advice for wordpress enable supercache or such caching plugin so you don't knock down your DB with such low end config.

I don't use such config so I can't advice over that.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cron Job Issue: Error: System Cron file could not be created. nscloud 6 13 ,970 07-04-2018, 02:32 AM
Last Post: TGates
How to move mail system to external storage Rayvat 1 4 ,300 03-21-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Me.B
[error] panel error, operating system icon Paul_Villa 15 40 ,235 09-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Last Post: TGates