This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

HELP
HELP
I know i'm probably going to be asked, how, when, why and whatever else and be laughed off the forums however i've done something to my server with a command mistake and its changed the entire ownership of every file on the server to root.root in the / dir

As you can imagine this has left me with quite a conundrum i've managed to get the users websites back in order, managed to get some of the modules back to working, however i've no access to the admin section apart from the generic area, i've no access to the module management or even half of the contents on the server due to my mistake, can anyone give me a break down of file locations and owner/permissions so hopefully i can begin to piece the server together again, considering just doing a backup of the client data and starting over again but then the customers looking at least another 24 hours downtime whilst i get everything the way it should be.

Any help gratefully received
Thanks given by:
RE: HELP
Doh! Ok, lets see... for file location for the panel it's self, I guess our GitHub would help there: https://github.com/sentora/sentora-core

I'm on Ubuntu, ownership may be different for CentOS.

As for permissions...
The panel folder (and sub folders/files) should be owned by www-data (apache) and permissions should be 755
For the hostdata folder, also owned by www-data (apache) permissions either 755 or 777.

Hope this helps a bit Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thanks TGates, will give this a try, if i can't sort this i think i'm just going to wipe the server and start a fresh which will be a pain but however if needs be then so be it
Thanks given by:
Wow that was easier than i expected, i changed every file owner in /var/sentora/hostdata to apache.apache and my websites started working then i changed the owner to apache.apache in /etc/sentora/panel and now my admin commands and everything else seems to be working, Many thanks @TGates
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2016, 09:29 PM)MechoNetwork Wrote: Wow that was easier than i expected, i changed every file owner in /var/sentora/hostdata to apache.apache and my websites started working then i changed the owner to apache.apache in /etc/sentora/panel and now my admin commands and everything else seems to be working, Many thanks @TGates
Big Grin
Glad we got that sorted out! You are Welcome!
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: