This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Restore backup made in Zpanel/Sentora
Restore backup made in Zpanel/Sentora
Hi All,

I have a working Zpanel and have created a new VM and installed Sentora on it.

new system is fully up and running, I went to restore back and there was no option to restore but only backup.

i went back to Zpanel to check and ZPANEL also only offere backup but no restore.

under documentation, i was unable to find any restore option.

am i missing something?

regards,
Kaleem
Thanks given by:
RE: Restore backup made in Zpanel/Sentora
Hello Kaleem, welcome to Sentora Support Forums Smile

Sentora only has a Backup option, it archives the /var/sentora/hostdata/USER/public_html folder and the Databases.

To restore you only need to extract the backup to the same folder and import the sql back into the database.
Keep in mind you do need to create the user and the database again using the Sentora Panel.

Note: I do agree we need a more robust and solid backup/restore, however that should be done on the server level and not really on the Panel level.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Thanks Apinto,
I have managed to restore websites and DBs, is there any way to restore mailboxes and mails?
========================================
for any one trying to restore, please use below step by step;

1 First execute a backup of existing system (it can either be direct backup or via ZPANEL/SENTORA)
2 extract content of archive into a folder (you can use any archiving tool or download from 7zip.org)
you should now have DB Files : one per database (ends with sql extension)
also inside archive you will have a folder per domain
3 login to existing system and goto Databases section and note down names of all required DBs
4 also note down list of all DB Users and their passwords (passwords are shown next to usernames)
5 make list of all domains that you want to port (make sure you noted down location as its required in step 12)
6 now login to new system and create the domains you noted earlier
7 goto Databases and create databases
8 Cretae DB users and assign to relative databases (note system will not ask you to set password, it will generate random password)
9 edit user and set password to one you noted before
10 click on PHPMyADMIN, system will ask you to login, Enter root username and MYSQL ROOT password (this should be noted down during install or check password files in folder when you executed setup)
11 Click on each database and click on import and restore the database
if restore complains file is too big, you can upload to /var/sentora/temp and it will appear under "select from webserver" section
12 using you favourite ftp/SFTP program, upload all domain folder from archive to /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/
verify folder names on old and new system, check step 5&6
13 once all files are copied, SSH to server and execute following;
below will set permission correctly so your files can be browsed.
cd /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/
chown -R apache:apache *
14 now from each domain folder delete index.html
15 system is all setup now, if your DNS and Nameservers are pointing to this new server, you will be able to browse nicely to new server.

thanks,
kaleem
Thanks given by:
Great you solved it!

To backup and restore email, you need to backup the /var/sentora/vmail folders and restore them.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(06-04-2016, 06:10 PM)apinto Wrote: Great you solved it!

To backup and restore email, you need to backup the /var/sentora/vmail folders and restore them.

hello! a few days agoi had a major crush on sentora server, so the fastest way to save the day was to make a clean install in a new hdd.
now all the domains are working just fine, but im getting compliants about emails missing from phones and other devices.
The question is, how can i merge the emails in the old hdd with the ones that are being received in the new one?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,099 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel