This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Postfix stops receiving emails after a few days.
Postfix stops receiving emails after a few days.
Okay, first of all, I'm not very smart when it comes to emails. 

So with a fresh install of Sentora, I can receive emails just fine. The only thing I changed was my php.ini file to increase the file upload and post max size. 

I also installed SSMTP so I can have emails sent to my GoDaddy relay server because I really don't feel like pissing around to get a static IP. I'm cheap.  Wink 

Anyways, after a few days of everything working great, emails just stop being received. I push out an email through G-Mail and it comes back saying it was refused. 

Also, on the Service Status page. Everything is green, except for SMTP. However, I don't need SMTP, that's why I have SSMTP. Could that be interfering?

It's not a port issue.. The server is sitting in my DMZ at the moment. (Only there for troubleshooting). It's not DNS because this worked for a few days and I didn't touch anything in those few days of it working. Everything works again when I do a fresh install of Sentora. 

So.. Can you help me figure out what is wrong with this? I have no idea where to begin to figure this out.

Thanks guys,
Cody 

I also attached an image of a port scan on my domain name address. Everything is open that needs to be open.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Postfix stops receiving emails after a few days.
1. Check services running. Postfix/Dovecot running?

2. Check if you have any firewall there? As it seems not the case.

3. Check your ISP is not blocking the ports.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 09:44 PM)Me.B Wrote: 1. Check services running. Postfix/Dovecot running?

2. Check if you have any firewall there? As it seems not the case.

3. Check your ISP is not blocking the ports.

Okay, so I just realized that SSMTP uninstalled Postfix. Is Postfix or Dovecot responsible for receiving emails? Or do they both rely on each other to do that job? 

I reinstalled Postfix through the terminal, but I don't think its going to be that easy to bring that part of the system back to life. 

At this point, am I still able to save the install or should I just do another clean install?
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. There are a lot of configs the installer sets up and creates. Unless you have a backup of everything some where trying to do a manual fix can be very difficult. If you don't have all your sites setup (or if they are easy to reinstall) my opinion is to do a fresh install of minimal OS and Sentora. This way all the configs will be set back to Sentora defaults.

From there, if you want to play around with it, you can take a snapshot (if on a rented VPS or virtual machine) or do a system backup so you can restore back to original if something happens again.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much Me.B and TGates. You guys are a huge help. Thank you for volunteering your time. 

TGates, I did try reinstalling Postfix in hopes that SSMTP preserved the original config files and didn't destroy them, but it didn't. So a clean install is on my calendar. Luckily the machine is a VM and I have a clean snapshot of Ubuntu before Sentora.

Again, Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:
Any way.

No mess. Seem the config files are safe.

Sentora config files for postfix are in /etc/sentora/configs/postfix

see you have main.cf and master.cf

all you have to do is add a symbolic link for them in

/etc/postfix

This will set the config that sentora installed.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
1.0.2 1.0.3 postfix fix not work andykimpe 20 24 ,128 06-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Last Post: andykimpe
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,034 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
new reseller not receiving welcome email itzik53 2 6 ,468 01-06-2019, 05:31 AM
Last Post: fearworks