This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Moving to another server!
Moving to another server!
First, lets say server1, have ip's 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2, and server2 to have 10.0.1.0 and 10.0.2.0

im moving my Sentora VM from server 1, to server2, what would i need to change to make this work good?

i have edited the mysql conf. and in the sentora settings. is there something else i would need to change?
Thanks given by:
RE: Moving to another server!
1. do backup on old server and restore it to the new one  
2. using rsync or scp for transfer file (only). hope this will help rsync manual
Thanks given by:
you need DB/ Files / Mail folder.

Don't forget too the whole panel with the login files.

Copy and restore on a new server that got configured with the new sentora. You might need to set again MySQL users passwords too. Or existing DB users ( they are stored on sentora_core main db).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Well, it was not like that, i ment. im copying the whole VDI, what files would i need to edit to accept the new ip's etc?
Thanks given by:
Ok then we don't have ip's in apache default config. So nothing to change if it's only ip's changing.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
If you are changing IPs and using bind as DNS (SENTORA as DNS) then you will have to goto DNS Manager and edit DNS records and update the new external IP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,430 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Server Vs. Workstation zHostingSolutions 4 7 ,596 09-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Having both HTTP & HTTPS (Port 443 and Port 80) sites on a server dsmarter 14 41 ,751 08-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Last Post: kenzopoker1