This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Backing up questions
Backing up questions
I seem to have well and truly screwed my mail server to the point where I feel a wipe and reinstall is going to be the fastest solution to get it up and running again  Confused

Backing up the sites and databases is not a problem but id like to back up email addresses and sent/received mail as well.
Is this possible using the sentora backup function or would an alternative method b required? 

-jim
Thanks given by:
RE: Backing up questions
You will need an alternative method.

- First take note of all email addresses you have, on every user account.
- IF you can have 2 servers, this one and the new one, at the same time, use imap-sync (https://www.jverdeyen.be/ubuntu/imapsync-on-ubuntu/)
- IF you need to reinstall the current server:
- - - Backup /var/sentora/vmail (tar pcfz vmail_backup.tar.gz /var/sentora/vmail)

When you restore your hostdata and sentora accounts and AFTER you have created all your email accounts (on all users), you restora the previous /var/sentora/vmail backup (tar xfz vmail_backup.tar.gz make sure the backup tar.gz it is in the / of the server, if not you can always move the extracted files).

NOTE: This is a rough guide that intends only to show you the overall steps, please read carefully and search shall you have any doubt.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: crowds
RE: Backing up questions
That's brilliant thank you apinto Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Various questions. sparkrack 1 3 ,944 01-13-2020, 07:06 AM