This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Super-Simple-Question
Super-Simple-Question
Hi,
Sorry for my dumb question but I still dind't get it if you have to set up the DNS-Records of your domain to your servers IP Adress (I did this with Type-A) or if you have to change the nameserver to your servers IP-Adress.
I currently installed it with DNS-Record but the page isn't loading.
Just asking cause it always take a few hours for the DNS to refresh.
Thanks,
Tom
Thanks given by:
RE: Super-Simple-Question
(05-08-2016, 09:38 AM)TomThomson Wrote: Hi,
Sorry for my dumb question but I still dind't get it if you have to set up the DNS-Records of your domain to your servers IP Adress (I did this with Type-A) or if you have to change the nameserver to your servers IP-Adress.
I currently installed it with DNS-Record but the page isn't loading.
Just asking cause it always take a few hours for the DNS to refresh.
Thanks,
Tom

did you configure your bind file yet ? "[root@server01-iix ~]# nano /etc/sentora/configs/bind/"
Thanks given by:
I set it up with the installer, do I need to configure it anyway?
Thanks given by:
To my knollage you do not have to edit the bind files yourself, this is done by Sentora itself.
Have you read the docs on dns?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
I see you use debian 8, is this OS already officially supported in the current stable version 1.0.3?
To my knowing the master version is a development version from Sentora which is gone support Debian 7 and 8 and not the stable one..

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Debian 8 is still in beta for me. I never tested it. Only kevin seem had tested it.

And the implementation is not clean, in 1.0.4 I don't see the official support too.

Anyway. Before you go further you should check your domain with:

http://www.intodns.com/

And ensure that DNS servers used here are those of sentora ( not your regisrar or cloudflare). Otherwise you will need to do all the DNS setup there.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Ron-e Wrote: To my knollage you do not have to edit the bind files yourself, this is done by Sentora itself.
Have you read the docs on dns?

Yes I readed it but I  don't understand if sentora is my nameserver or not. At this point I only did set up the dns records of my domain to my vps's ip-adress with *mydomain.com (with type A) and the nameserver is still the daufault one (ns1.prepaiddomain.com). I can't reach the sentora panel at web.mydomain.com (as set up in the installer). I already tried to set the nameserver to my vps's IP-Adress but I get an error.

Quote:I see you use debian 8, is this OS already officially supported in the current stable version 1.0.3

To my knowing the master version is a development version from Sentora which is gone support Debian 7 and 8 and not the stable one..

I used this installer.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2016, 09:01 PM)Me.B Wrote: Debian 8 is still in beta for me. I never tested it. Only kevin seem had tested it.

And the implementation is not clean, in 1.0.4 I don't see the official support too.

Anyway. Before you go further you should check your domain with:

http://www.intodns.com/

And ensure that DNS servers used here are those of sentora ( not your regisrar or cloudflare). Otherwise you will need to do all the DNS setup there.

M B

Okay thanks but when I change my primary nameserver to my ip-adress I get this error:
Quote:array(7) { ["code"]=> int(2005) ["msg"]=> string(28) "Parameter value syntax error" ["reasonCode"]=> string(24) "INVALID_NS_82.211.44.173" ["reason"]=> string(63) "ns-Parameter enthält folgenden ungültigen Wert: 82.211.44.173" ["details"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { ["code"]=> string(18) "PARAM_LIST_INVALID" ["msg"]=> string(72) "The parameter 'ns' contains the following invalid value: '82.211.44.173'" } } ["svTRID"]=> string(18) "20160508-745456515" ["runtime"]=> float(0.0131) }
It says "this parameter includes the following invalid value: 82.211.44.173"
Thanks given by:
http://docs.sentora.org?node=52
I did this but its not working. Is there a way to test if its online?
Thanks given by:
If this will help you guys
http://pastebin.com/fj9j3VBC
http://prnt.sc/b1n2ls
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora question and idea kini 5 12 ,899 10-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Me.B
Question for api. Ludaking 6 13 ,125 08-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Ludaking