This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FTP 530 Login incorrect OpenSuse
FTP 530 Login incorrect OpenSuse
I too am having a similar issue with ftp and Sentora 1.0.3, I understand I might be using a development version of Sentora, is that correct? I am running Sentora on OpenSuSE 13.2 because I am working on a new Sentora installer for this OS.

I have noticed that there are no ftp users in the ftpuser table of the sentora_proftp database. However the ftp account exists in Sentora.

Here are some screenshots that might help:

Thanks given by:
RE: 530 Login incorrect
Seem ftp user not created.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(04-25-2016, 02:45 AM)Me.B Wrote: Seem ftp user not created.

The ftp user exists in Sentora but not in /etc/passwd or the MySQL database sentora_proftpd.

Can you tell me where in the sourcecode the ftp user is created please? Maybe this topic should be moved to the development forum or bug tracker.
Thanks given by:
users for ftp should only exist in sentora_proftpd and are not real system users.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-25-2016, 06:28 AM)Me.B Wrote: users for ftp should only exist in sentora_proftpd and are not real system users.

M B

I have just manually added an FTP user using the SQL code in "sentora-core\modules\ftp_management\code\proftpd-mysql.php"

The code is as follows:

Code:
INSERT INTO ftpuser (id, userid, passwd, homedir, shell, count, accessed, modified) VALUES ('', :username, :password, :homedir, '/sbin/nologin', 0, '', '');

I used the following values:

id = '', userid = 'coolcybot_coolcybot', passwd = 'mypassword', homedir = '/public_html/coolcybot_servehttp_com', shell = '/sbin/nologin', count = 0, accessed = '0', modified = '0'

So the user account now exists in the database but I still cannot login.

Have I specified the wrong shell, is that why it doesn't work?

The uid and gid values in the database match the user and group id of my apache user which I think makes sense as this is the user and group of my public_html folder - /var/sentora/hostdata/coolcybot/public_html/coolcybot_servehttp_com.
Thanks given by:
RE: FTP 530 Login incorrect OpenSuse
Splitted this discussion as this is not the same issue at all.

This is likely another issues in your ProFTPD setup. May be permissions or such. Did you check install log file?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Login fails FTP Account davidlambda 5 25 ,279 04-18-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
530 Login incorrect venuscreats 16 46 ,781 12-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: totalgenius