This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Just wanted to leave my 2c
Just wanted to leave my 2c
Hey,
I have / had been using zPanel for a long time, and I gotta say Sentora is pretty nice. That said, I just wanted to let you know I had to do quite a few things to get some features working, and maybe leave some criticisms here. I really like the product, and it's hard to fix issues, if you don't know they exist Smile

That being said, lets dive in:
1. Token Errors / Error Handling
[Image: jBiyGIY.png]
This thing is annoying, its broken, and from a service provider point of view, bad. I have noticed that this generally happens a lot when you use browser buttons. I understand the need security, so you don't need to dink with the sessions, but you could atleast handle the browser buttons with some js.
Code:
window.onbeforeunload

2. "Your controllers are confusing"
I have had to make a lot of changes to the mysql db/users modules, as well as the subdomain and domain modules. This is mostly due to me running MariaDB (IE no user length limit / longer names SAFELY). As far as the domains go, I had to make some adjustments to the regex to fix a few issues that were had with the new style TLD's. I also made some adjustments to the structure overall that probably helped speed it up (like its intensive to parse a 63 char max string).
panel/modules/sub_domains/code/controller.ext.php
PHP Code:
   static function IsValidDomainName($a)

{

if (stristr($a'.')) {

if (!preg_match('/^[a-z0-9]{1,62}+([\-\.]{1}[a-z0-9]+)*\.[a-z]{2,6}$/i'$a) || preg_match('/-$/'$a)) {

return false;

}

} else {

return false;

}

return true;

I have yet to run into issues with validation in the DNS module, and the domains modules, but the sub domains was throwing a tantrum when I tried to add some odd, but valid domains.
I'll keep and eye out for issues and will definitely post if I see more.
Thanks given by:
RE: Just wanted to leave my 2c
There is a lot to do in GUI. I understand your frustration over errors, it's some time worse when debugging.

May be one day we need to refresh the whole GUI. But need a lot of work/energy.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: