This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unable to start postfix
Unable to start postfix
Hi,
i am using centos 7 with sentora 1.0.0

Postfix is down due to smtp port is not listing, rest of everything is working fine in sentora. Tried to restart the postfix shows following error

Job for postfix.service failed. See 'systemctl status postfix.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

result for systemctl status postfix.service is

postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Thu 2016-04-21 06:09:34 EDT; 38min ago
  Process: 5876 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/postfix start (code=killed, signal=TERM)
  Process: 5873 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/chroot-update (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 5869 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/aliasesdb (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 21 06:09:34 server1 systemd[1]: postfix.service operation timed out. Te...g.
Apr 21 06:09:34 server1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Postfix Mail Transport ...t.
Apr 21 06:09:34 server1 systemd[1]: Unit postfix.service entered failed state.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Please help, tried but couldn't found the solution
Daman Mokha
My Facebook | My Twitter
Thanks given by:
RE: Unable to start postfix
We need more infos. I have it running fine on centos 7.

Could you check more logs? Anything else on port 25?

Who is your ISP.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Unable to start postfix
(04-23-2016, 07:54 PM)Me.B Wrote: We need more infos. I have it running fine on centos 7.

Could you check more logs? Anything else on port 25?

Who is your ISP.

M B

It was working earlier on the same machine with the same installation, nothing else on port, its a VPS hosted with vpsdime.com so don't. i can check logs but i am new to this, so don't know much which logs can help.
Daman Mokha
My Facebook | My Twitter
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
1.0.2 1.0.3 postfix fix not work andykimpe 20 24 ,004 06-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Last Post: andykimpe
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,026 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
Critical Error: [0100] - Unable to connect or authenticate to the Sentora database whatshisface77 1 3 ,851 07-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: whatshisface77