This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Setup Server/E-mail as a Relay?
Setup Server/E-mail as a Relay?
I have an Exchange server at home and I'm looking to use Sentora as the Smarthost/Relay to send e-mails through. I'm using a Residential ISP so sending mail through it isn't reliable. I wanted to test this route as I have a cheap VPS setup with Sentora and should have no problem sending e-mail from it. Going this route will allow me to keep my Exchange Server and route e-mails through the VPS/Sentora that's in the "cloud".

I've played around with the Postfix main.cf and mynetworks config files but can't seem to get this working. I created an e-mail account within Sentora and I'm using that for the authentication so maybe that's not the way to do it?

Here's what I added in main.cf
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1, Sentora IP, MY ISP IP

Here's what I added in mynetworks
Sentora IP/28
127.0.0.0/8
MY ISP IP/32
Thanks given by:
RE: Setup Server/E-mail as a Relay?
Either your use an for account authentification or white list your server IP for sending.

I'm not sure that your IP might not be blocking port 25?

So my advice check the logs to understand the error in your setup.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,573 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Server Vs. Workstation zHostingSolutions 4 7 ,720 09-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,029 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp