This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Using SMTP Relay Help
Using SMTP Relay Help
So I bummed around the forum but wasn't really seeing anything I was looking for. 

I'm trying to set Sentora up to use GoDaddy's SMTP relay servers. I had this setup once before by going through Sentora Config and entering my GoDaddy email information in there. 

I have the following configured:

SMTP Auth method: ssl
SMTP Pass: *my correct password*
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Server: smtpout.asia.secureserver.net
SMTP User: *My correct username (Actually its my GoDaddy email address)
SMTP Auth: True
Use SMTP: True

As far as I can tell, I have everything setup correctly.. not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

I'm trying to send test emails to my GMail.. 

I run the "mailq" command and it returns that GMail is replying that they are rejecting the email because it's coming from my public IP. Which is exactly what I'm trying not to do.. so I'm not totally sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Thanks given by:
RE: Using SMTP Relay Help
did you set that in postfix config file or using php script? Round cube?

The config in sentora will apply only to sentora emails ( like when creating an account).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: misterc1214
RE: Using SMTP Relay Help
(04-12-2016, 08:38 AM)Me.B Wrote: did you set that in postfix config file or using php script? Round cube?

The config in sentora will apply only to sentora emails ( like when creating an account).

M B

Ahhhh.. I see now.. That makes a lot of sense. I thought those were more or less global variables of the server. Me.B I thank you for clarifying that. It would've been nice if those were global variables. So it seems like I'm going to have to do some work on the config files. I used to do it that way, then I saw those options and thought I was making things harder than they need to be.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,036 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
PHP Scripts are using SendMail instead of SMTP... - Server Wide Issue sparkrack 4 9 ,651 02-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: TGates
Change Sentora and Postfix SMTP port 25 ras_jack 13 53 ,794 08-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: ras_jack