This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sentora cluster
sentora cluster
Been thinking a while over sentora cluster. It was amazing challenge and idea.

A lot of issues but I think got the solution:

1. master node with full sentora install.

2. /var need to be on glusterfs (hmm logs) or maybe be only /var/sentora/hostdata

3. db on mariadb Galera or mysql. upgrade the main db to cluster.

4. install sentora stack on slave and upgrade db to cluster mode and same glusterfs setup to replicate data.

We may need too a small script on slave for apache conf rebuild or symlink it /var/sentora. same over dns data if needed.

sessions will be replicated. and all users data/bd's.

We could that way cluster web and email services.

Cluster could share load and survive disk failor but would be down if config messed up or hack.

I need to test this soon.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: sentora cluster
Sounds like it could work! Looking forward to hear how the testing goes Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Have the same idea running a while nnow. I replicate the databases with slaven and master configuratiob. Sentora and all /var/sentora data are mirrored with rsync. Iets cruede but working absolute fine. Purpose is redundancy.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
But rsync is not real mirroring.

I was thinking about that setup for a real world WORDPRESS Customer. Offering real time loadbalancing. If you use rsync there would be a lag always for example when user update a new post and send new media. Even if you run rsync each min which will end up using too much ressources and less efficient.

That's why I thought over GlusterFS that handle it the right way. The other solution DRBD looked too heavy.

Also GlusterFS could offer replicate over more than 2 nodes and still in mirroring.

Realtime/synchronos is more complicated than master/slave setup.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-08-2016, 07:26 AM)Me.B Wrote: But rsync is not real mirroring.

I was thinking about that setup for a real world WORDPRESS Customer. Offering real time loadbalancing. If you use rsync there would be a lag always for example when user update a new post and send new media. Even if you run rsync each min which will end up using too much ressources and less efficient.

That's why I thought over GlusterFS that handle it the right way. The other solution DRBD looked too heavy.

Also GlusterFS could offer replicate over more than 2 nodes and still in mirroring.

Realtime/synchronos is more complicated than master/slave setup.
Yes I agree. I know its crude. I only needed it for reduncy. Databases are realtime. Rsync only 4 times a day. Instead of making whole backups I decided to do it this way so I had a option to switch from server and continued operation if the master fails.

Also looking into open stack
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi, I was wondering if we have any news on this
Thanks given by:
What are your expectations?

We were checking idea's over the setup. We don't plan it as a release in short term, but you can do it.
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,247 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,324 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus
Sentora Feedback and Ideas Xversion 10 28 ,734 10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TGates