This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to redirect a domain?
[Not Solved] How to redirect a domain?
Hello,

Since all the information on the ZPanel forum has been lost I'm sorry to have to post such a question here.

How to redirect a domain to another for http requests? I know it can be done via a Rewrite Rule but I would like to know how to do it at vhost level.

Thank you.

PS. Does anyone know it there is any possibility to access the old threads of the ZPanel forum?
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: How to redirect a domain?
1. you may need then add a custom entry in vhost under

module admin > apache config > select Vhost

And then enter your apache custom config there.

2. for accessing the old thread use google & check the entry in google cache it's still working....

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Coldfusion Freelance

10$ free to start your VPS

Thanks given by:
Hi, sorry for bringing up a 3-year-old thread, but the above procedure does not seem to work for me.

I want to redirect all requests for site1.site2.site3.com to site1.site2.site3.com/wp
The "wp" dir is in "C:\zpanel\hostdata\zadmin\public_html\site1_site2_site3_com\" dir.

I select the domain and then click on "Select Vhost", and in "Custom Entry" I type "C:\zpanel\hostdata\zadmin\public_html\site1_site2_site3_com\wp" (without the quotes) and leave everything else as it is; I click "Save Vhost", but it still points to the old page. I tried adding an extra "\" at the end, but it still doesn't work. Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
Is there anything in C:\zpanel\hostdata\zadmin\public_html\site1_site2_site3_com\?

If not, then why not just install WordPress there instead of in \wp?
-TGates - Head of Support

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Modules Maintained: 13 - Module Installs: 108k+

Find my support or modules helpful? Donate HERE
Get your domains using my affiliate link:
GoDaddy - Domains
Thanks given by:
(05-22-2017, 01:16 AM)TGates Wrote: Is there anything in C:\zpanel\hostdata\zadmin\public_html\site1_site2_site3_com\?

If not, then why not just install WordPress there instead of in \wp?

Yes, the current version of the site, which is not a WordPress one. And the site's owner (not me) wants the current address to be redirected to the new one. They want to leave the old files there for now.
Thanks given by:
Then I would suggest making a new folder, something like '/old_site/' and move the old site files in there and then move the new files into the site's root folder. Easier to move files than to mess around with redirects and .htaccess.

GoDaddy - Domains
Thanks given by:
(05-23-2017, 02:03 AM)TGates Wrote: Then I would suggest making a new folder, something like '/old_site/' and move the old site files in there and then move the new files into the site's root folder. Easier to move files than to mess around with redirects and .htaccess.

We put the path to the new directory in the httpd-vhosts.conf file and now it works. It just doesn't display the WP template accurately, but this is fixable.
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2017, 03:22 AM)freeride Wrote: We put the path to the new directory in the httpd-vhosts.conf file and now it works. It just doesn't display the WP template accurately, but this is fixable.

This is not the solution. The httpd-vhosts.conf file will be re-written by Sentora when ever a change is made removing your custom edits. If something does not work, you do not change the panel, you change your installed script. As I said, the easiest and proper way is to move the old site into a new sub folder and place the new site into the root folder if it is ready. For testing, you can keep the old site in the root folder and install the new site in a new folder called something like '/new_site/' so you can access it for testing.

GoDaddy - Domains
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem with Bandwith not update for each domain since 01/01/2017 vinhkien1288 12 3,932 07-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: rob_van
My domain is live but stills showing my zpanel loging wqsa355 2 1,302 01-02-2017, 04:49 AM
Last Post: wqsa355
Setting up different mail server for one domain in zpanel david768 0 866 12-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Last Post: david768