This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Migrate from ZPanel to Sentora
Migrate from ZPanel to Sentora
Is there any was to upgrade from ZPanel to Sentora?  Also is there a way to migrate all data from ZPanel on one server to Sentora on another?

I can see there is mention of upgrade and migrate scripts in the forum but there doesn't seem to be any activity since September 2015.  I wondered if I have missed a thread in search...
Thanks given by:
RE: Migrate from ZPanel to Sentora
You are rushing to double post while in the other thread you missed my previous reply. Check I pointed in development section.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2636
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hi Me.B

I saw the list you made at http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...6#pid15516 and also the one at http://docs.sentora.org/index.php?node=99 and I am sure they will be helpful.

However I was wondering if there is already a script in progress that I can use to start with. And also a way to contribute any information back to the project. Should I file a bug through git?
Thanks given by:
This one worked for me. But be advice, at youre own risk! better to wait for devs to finish completly update script.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1047
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
do you write all the scripts in php? or could be in perl?

for instance if i have to start from scratch i would make an "export" script and an import script

export would collect all the core data (database dumps and configuration files) from ZPanel and zip it for manual transfer to the other machine. it would not include the email stored in the vmail directory because this is large and should probably be transferred using rsync.

import would probably take the type of OS and version of Zpanel as a parameter in case there are differences. Assuming a clean version of Sentora has already been installed it could unzip the export file and change the relevant values during import.

It could rename the original Sentora folders and databases of the fresh install before replacing thus giving an ability to "undo" the migration.
Thanks given by:
exports and imports whre done trough phpmyadmin form the old zpanel server to a fresh installed sentora server by hand. Before import the nessecary changes where made as described in the thread. Vhosts and mails whre transferred also manualy.

its crued but it worked for me.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
export and import are easy to do in bash

You can use some function in this

https://github.com/MBlagui/Sentora-tools...erfiles.sh

To dump the db's you want. Then import them.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
thanks for the link to that script, it helps with the individual user database backups. i have started writing a shell script for the export part.

am i right in thinking that the only directory needed from /etc/zpanel is configs? docs is empty and panel contains the panel php files. these should already be installed in sentora.

when i "import" the configs directory i can rename the sentora configs to configs-yyyyMMdd or something

one of the most complex parts seems to be checking through the database and finding anything with zpanel and replacing with sentora. for example in x_settings. is there any guidance on this?
Thanks given by:
I think that replacement should not be replace or zpanel but a rerite for all strings picked manually.

Impact Db name tables and values.

Glad my script is helping over db backup. I made it to replace backup module that had issues.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
yes i understand what you mean. that the replacement should be more specific.

for example, with contents of /etc/zpanel/configs probably only needs contents of /etc/zpanel/configs/apache and /etc/zpanel/configs/bind copying. the reason is that things like roundcube and proftpd etc are managed by sentora anyway
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to install older sentora with older mysql version atomiq 0 4 ,453 11-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: atomiq
Premium Service: Upgrade from Zpanel? BenI 3 9 ,837 06-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: BenI
Can i upgrade ZPanel 10.1.1 with Sentora upgrade script? Ron-e 77 240 ,345 09-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Last Post: kandrews