This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problems with dkim and amavis
Problems with dkim and amavis
Hey guys,

I have a question first then I will explain the issue I am having.

First I have noticed that there are two postfix folders with main.cf in both folders and master.cf in the /sentora/configs/postfix folder and a symbolic link of master.cf in /etc/postfix. The question is, which main.cf does postfix actually use and if it is either is there a way to permanently link it to the /sentora/configs/... folder?

Now the issue. I have been trying to set our email server to authticate using spf, dkim and dmarc records. I have a working email server that I added all of these records to and was working good until I looked into the log and noticed that the email were being deffered due to not passing thru amavis-new. So I set up amavis-new, spamassasin and clamv to check mails for viruses and spam. I now have those working good but now the email system will not validate the dkim signature from the server. Looking in the logs I have found this error: "Feb 24 13:03:37 myhostname postfix/smtpd[pid#]: warning: milter inet:127.0.0.1:8891: bad protocol information: content_filter".

This is the settings in the main.cf file in /etc/postfix:

# DKIM
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8891
non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

I have searched for 2 days straight for a solution and any help with this would be appreciated.

EDIT: I made a change in the dkim settings listed above to test and I got it working. I changed:

content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
with
milter_protocol = 2

The original question still stands though.
Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:
RE: Problems with dkim and amavis
The reply over the .cf file is obvious the symbolic link point to sentora config folder. That's the main postfix config used here.

If you edit the symbolic link file and save it you will break the symbolic link!

I didn't test the setting to offer an answer. There is guides in How to section over there.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Problems with dkim and amavis
Well I attempted to edit the main.cf in the sentora folder and created a new symbolic link in the Postfix folder that pointed to the sentora folder. When I restarted the server it removed the link and rewrote a new main.cf that I think came from the sentora folder. That is why I am asking which one is used.
Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problems with Dovecot DarthVader 5 12 ,809 12-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Last Post: chukran
Setting up a DKIM record - Improving my mail rating? Felix 19 48 ,798 11-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: apinto
Postfix email problems xeneum 6 19 ,202 09-11-2015, 02:41 AM
Last Post: TGates