This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

update-policy
update-policy
hi,
i wondered if there was any way to set an update policy, e.g.

zone "test.com" IN {
        type master;
        file "/etc/zpanel/configs/bind/zones/test.com.txt";
        allow-transfer { any; };
        update-policy {
                grant username.test.com. name a.test.com. A TXT;
                grant username.test.com. name b.test.com. A TXT;
                grant username.test.com. name c.test.com. A TXT;
        };
};
Thanks given by:
RE: update-policy
allow-transfer { any; }; is not good. You should not do that first.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/xfer...ate-policy

You can set servers where you can allow transfert in DNS admin ( admin > module admin > dns admin ):
Allow Zone Transfers

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thanks M B

I looked at those settings but I don't think it will work for my case.  It is not a per domain setting or offering update-policy.

ideally those settings would be set on the zone in the dns manager by an admin user only
Thanks given by:
Are you trying to set DDNS using sentora? This is not the purpose of sentora here.

If you want to do that, you will need to create the dns zone manually outside of sentora so you don't have it overwritten. That's the only solution I see currently.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Thanks again M B
It would be a nice feature to have in the future in case the administrator was using DDNS in the background and trying to manage their domain through Sentora. I imagine there are also other extensions to DNS that are needed sometimes. Even if it was just some way of inserting some text into the zone file.
Thanks given by:
(02-24-2016, 06:34 AM)chongma Wrote: Thanks again M B
It would be a nice feature to have in the future in case the administrator was using DDNS in the background and trying to manage their domain through Sentora. I imagine there are also other extensions to DNS that are needed sometimes. Even if it was just some way of inserting some text into the zone file.

I'm not sure this is a feature commonly used in hosting. Bare didn't hear of it support in CPANEL.

Any way we can only post pone such feature as we have more urgent work on DNS module currently.

But you are welcome if you want to help implementing it.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
i do like the sentora project a lot and wondered before if i could get involved with development. do you have any pointers to getting started?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update SOA Record ccodesido 2 7 ,458 06-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Last Post: ccodesido