This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ROOT FTP ACCESS Ubuntu 14.03 Server
ROOT FTP ACCESS Ubuntu 14.03 Server
Hello!

I’m new to Ubuntu, more windows server.

So I have searched for admin login to edit theme files and ini (/etc/php5) on the server.

Maybe my install was not complete. I’m missing ftp login to edit the files  Blush

Server Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V.
Ubuntu ubuntu-14.04.3-server-amd64.
Latest downloaded Sentora. 16/02/2016.

Installed

Code:
sudo apt-get install vsftpd

Now the server administrator can login. But cant se anny thing.

Code:
Command:    USER root
Response:    331 Password required for root
Command:    PASS **********
Response:    530 Login incorrect.

So, how can I give the administrator user the right to edit /etc/php5 and Sentora folder?

I have new theme I want to share on the forum. And a mobile app.
Thanks given by:
RE: ROOT FTP ACCESS Ubuntu 14.03 Server
Did you create first a root when installing ubuntu. Likely another use here?

Why are you installing vsftpd ?? Sentora ships already with an FTP server and for all admin operation use SSH and SFTP.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2016, 02:45 AM)Me.B Wrote: Did you create first a root when installing ubuntu. Likely another use here?

Why are you installing vsftpd ?? Sentora ships already with an FTP server and for all admin operation use SSH and SFTP.

M B

I wrote that on the server directly so i have no idea, sorry.
I did not crate the user file, or the user block file.

When i restarted the server the user permission to browse the root folder was gone.

I can make a new server. If i install a clean server again, where can i find how to connect to the FTP as root user?
The server is only local.

Using FileZilla.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2016, 03:20 AM)OpenApp Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 02:45 AM)Me.B Wrote: Did you create first a root when installing ubuntu. Likely another use here?

M B

I wrote that on the server directly so i have no idea, sorry.
I did not crate the user file, or the user block file.

When i restarted the server the user permission to browse the root folder was gone.

I can make a new server. If i install a clean server again, where can i find how to connect to the FTP as root user?
The server is only local.

Using FileZilla.

nano /etc/sentora/configs/proftpd/proftpd-mysql.conf
scroll down and you will see "RootLogin off" turn it On, 
restart ftpd server " service proftpd restart "
now you can login as root!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server servermaster 3 12 ,887 12-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Last Post: fearworks
COULD NOT CONNECT TO SERVER ipanjan 8 20 ,637 12-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: varun.naharia
How to setup ftp to access only certain folders? nomis56 4 15 ,975 10-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Last Post: FayeArmistead