This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

mail permissions
mail permissions
hello,

I was messing with user perms and groups and "ooopsed" it with mail user account.
Can someone on Linux Sentora installation with Postfix tell me what's his output of this command in shell ?

Code:
lid mail

I need to restore groups for that account, if there were any ...

Thank you !
Thanks given by:
RE: mail permissions
drwxrwx--- 2 vmail mail 4096 Jan 27 2015 /var/sentora/vmail/

I don't get why you are messing up with that. same over the preivous issue don't mess up files you don't know.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2016, 11:50 PM)Me.B Wrote: drwxrwx--- 2 vmail mail 4096 Jan 27  2015 /var/sentora/vmail/

I don't get why you are messing up with that. same over the preivous issue don't mess up files you don't know.

M B

I was auditing /etc/sentora and /var/sentora for some time to map what scripts and users are accesing which folder and file.
Trying to implement another layer of security via permissions and secondary groups BUT when removing users from a test group I accidentally removed a user named mail (not vmail) from all secondary groups he was in. so someones lid mail would give me the original group permissions that came with sentora installation.

Can you run that for me ? thanks again mate.
Thanks given by:
we are rewriting apache module so everything will change over default permissions.

mail(gid=12)

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: Vedran B

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,199 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,185 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
E-mail quota limit danandrade 6 26 ,379 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: speeddemon786