This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Plans for multi server support?
Plans for multi server support?
Just curious if clustering will be possible in the future. there is any planning on the road map to support multiple servers to handle different roles.

I worked in a small Datacenter before opening my own company here and we use to do clustering there. Distributed file servers to hold client host data, seperate mail server, and a master database server. There we used sperate installs of vdeck and configured them to use a common database (on a different server) and configuring them to use external file servers. I had a good chat with me.b about this and he let me know that as of right now it isnt possible, so my question is, is it on the road map anywhere?
Need a good VPS Host? Check Out Digital Ocean! https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=5cc7d2894482
Thanks given by:
RE: Plans for multi server support?
I would not tell myself a lot on that, but it was noted on road map for sentora2. But with the last clash that issued the stop of Ballen, there is no date for a V2.

We will first terminate the migration from zpanel, stabilize the whole team and panel, securize better all that can be done and solve remaining bugs. While doing these, we will build the roadmap for next major version.
Thanks given by:
so sentora is dying is what your saying? i noticed ballen wasnt noted on the team page just you tgates and motters under project owners... whats officially going on?
Need a good VPS Host? Check Out Digital Ocean! https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=5cc7d2894482
Thanks given by:
We will have a more detailed announcement very soon. We are just getting organized after all the stuff that went on. Sentora is by no means 'dying' in any sense of the word.

Multi-server is planned for Sentora II. We will have more on that also as time progresses.
Thanks given by: namhoang , webnetvn
thanks look forward to the announcement!
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:48 AM)webnetvn Wrote: so sentora is dying is what your saying?
Wow ! I never told that and we do not created sentora to let it to die !!!
Thanks given by: webnetvn
We are working hard here and committed to drive to the next level this open source project also any help is welcome.

It could be by helping in docs/coding/design/donating $$/donating VPS for testing.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 04:50 PM)5050 Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 09:48 AM)webnetvn Wrote: so sentora is dying is what your saying?
Wow ! I never told that and we do not created sentora to let it to die !!!

you said ending the migration from zpanel. i mistakenly assumed that meant you all were going back to zpanel and that the project was ending.

and me.b,
Id be happy to help in design. Interfaces are what im good at so if you guys need some assistance there id be happy to help in any way i can. Let me know!
Thanks given by:
I do look forward to an official roadmap though. have you guys considered just dropping the ZPanel code and building sentora II off the bat?
Thanks given by:
Sentora I is the transition from ZPanel to Sentora II. Sentora II is about a year out in our estimates.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,435 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Server Vs. Workstation zHostingSolutions 4 7 ,599 09-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Having both HTTP & HTTPS (Port 443 and Port 80) sites on a server dsmarter 14 41 ,761 08-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Last Post: kenzopoker1